The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld Shred 2012 - Preferred Dates

Poll: Preferred week
Total Votes: 27
Prefer September 3 - 9
Prefer September 10 - 16
Can only make September 3 - 9
Can only make September 10 - 16
Put me down for both weeks
I’m easy...
Andy Aitken - 22 November 2011 08:50 AM

My vote is make the shred in the NSW uni holidays cheese

Uni holidays is at the start of June…

I agree Miz, I’d love to stay on the mountain… Otherwise, come to Hotham!! wink

I was hopin that it was gonna be at Hotham, cause I didn’t get to play last time I was there, and I reckon that we could’ve run amok at Dinner Plain if we found some sort of deal!!!!! (Wishful thinkin by both accounts?????)

I can see why Jez wants to go to Perisher though, as Perisher have come on board and sponsored Boardword, so it makes great sense to support the people that support us!!!!! I was hopin that it would be on snow but, for the reason that it much easier to keep a group organized and relaxed when ya haven’t got the logistics of transport involved!!!!! And especially when there is alcohol and lack of sleep involved!!!!! And also would hate for someone to lose their license or even worse have an accident while in transit up and down the mountain every day!!!!!

Again, just my opinion!!!!!

^^ What he said… shaka

I agree with Mizu. But cheap and on snow perisher doesn’t go hand in hand!!

Its a hard one.

Lets face it, we are all seasoned snow goers, we are used to having our wallets raped. Lets stay on snow, bugger the $$$$

Its only money and you can’t take it with you. (safely saying this because I have just under a year to save up)

Yeah, off mountain is never as good….

Staying in snow is amazing, I agree….but staying off snow will give more people an opportunity to come, as the price is cheap. The last thing you want to do is have people not be able to come because they can’t afford it.

and Mizu - people losing their license? Why would that happen? surely no boardworlders are dumb enough to drink and drive. I’m sure we could organise a dessy driver for whenever its needed. If that is an excuse to stay on snow, then I’d be pretty embarrassed!

oh oh  wink

I guess we could weigh up costs for both options, and rule things out… Coming from Mexico I’d love to go the whole hog and stay on mountain - so close yet so far!

cords - 22 November 2011 10:16 AM

The last thing you want to do is have people not be able to come because they can’t afford it.

^THIS

I honestly don’t mind either way, I am pretty much sorted for either on snow or off.

And happy to help with the shuttle idea i suggested and be desi driver if needed.

(please note i would be the worst debater as i see both sides to everything!!)

Lachillingworth - 22 November 2011 08:37 AM

. . . will the station be booked out closer to the season???

They’re already getting WAY more bookings than they expected - they’ve been absolutely flat out since they sent that discount accommodation email a couple of days ago.

That’s one reason why the 10th-16th is a better time. I’ve spoken with Perisher about it, and they aren’t sure there will be any last minute bookings available for the 3rd-9th dates. AND there’s only a limited number of $79 rooms available - once they’re gone, they’re gone, so even at this stage the earlier September dates aren’t definitely still available.

Billy - 22 November 2011 10:19 AM

oh oh  wink

I guess we could weigh up costs for both options, and rule things out… Coming from Mexico I’d love to go the whole hog and stay on mountain - so close yet so far!

You still could.

Bear in mind that Perisher’s not like other on-snow resorts as far as accommodation goes. Getting around at night from place to place is not easy, as it’s not a ‘village’ like other places - so often you’re stuck in your own lodge anyway.

ozgirl - 22 November 2011 10:28 AM

(please note i would be the worst debater as i see both sides to everything!!)

So do we start calling you Switzerland now?! tongue laugh

I am happy to help with dessy driving. Me and alcohol don’t like each other and Im a control freak!

Surely there is somethin comparable to Thredbo?????

We paid $1100 for 7 nights, that included 7 breakfasts, 3 x 2 course dinners, a 7 1/2 day lift pass and an extra night stopover in Jindy on the way home!!!!! If ya started to save $30 a week from now it will all be covered!!!!!

If ya stay at The Station you will be payin $100 for the week, prob $500+ for lift passes, then food + bus/tube travel expenses as well!!!!!

Believe it or not, the benifits to stay on snow will far outweigh the extra costs!!!!!

I can only imagine how many people lose their license while drivin up the mountain!!!!! The stats would probably blow ya away!!!!!