The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld Shred 2012 - Preferred Dates

Poll: Preferred week
Total Votes: 27
Prefer September 3 - 9
Prefer September 10 - 16
Can only make September 3 - 9
Can only make September 10 - 16
Put me down for both weeks
I’m easy...
ozgirl - 22 November 2011 07:25 AM

No chains or park entry required.

1300 for the week?

Who was that with?

Budget… And if we are only going to the ski tube, you can add $120 per person…

Don’t The Station have pretty good packages for lifts etc that include the tube?

But you wouldn’t need to pay for park pass if the bus isn’t staying in Perisher for the day wink

Just regarding the 2 week thing, there is no way I can do that… 1 week for me would be plenty and by the end of the week, I was getting pretty wrecked (though would keep going if I could afford lol).

I like the idea of the hire bus. Not a huge fan of staying in Jindy but it will make it cheaper and will probably push more people to come for the week rather than just the weekend smile

ozgirl - 22 November 2011 07:31 AM

Don’t The Station have pretty good packages for lifts etc that include the tube?

But you wouldn’t need to pay for park pass if the bus isn’t staying in Perisher for the day wink

If you’ve got a freedom pass you can get the season tube addon for $60. If not yes there is a slight discount for the tube if you have a valid lift pass but it’s still pretty pricey for what it is (about the same price as park entry for a day). It would be so much more convenient if the tube had a station in jindy, can’t see it ever happening though :(

$120 was the discount lol…

TJswish - 22 November 2011 07:52 AM

for how many days?

Jeremy you can change my vote to ‘I’m easy’ cause it doesn’t really bother me.

The Station is the cheapest accommodation and I don’t know if there is much cheap on snow accom at Perisher? Is there houses for rent like the shred shed there?

Billy - 22 November 2011 07:13 AM

Excuse my mexican ignorance but is there a reason we don’t stay at Perisher?

There’s no such thing as cheap accommodation in Perisher, at any time of year. Perisher are offering discounts for Freedom Pass holders - but even then, it’s $100 per person per night minimum.

Also, the bonus to The Station is that we’d all be in the same place for drinkies and other dodgy activities. It’s close enough to the main part of Jindy to catch a cab back if everyone goes out there - just don’t try to walk it when you’re plastered (I tried to walk back from the LJH once, didn’t make it).

The Station is definitely the best bet price wise and also as everyone would be together as well thats a massive bonus!
Does anyone know what times the bus to the tube leaves? does it get you there in time for first lifts? I got the tube ad on to the freedom pass smile

yeah i have a tube add on aswell cant wait. will the station be booked out closer to the season??? when it is decided the date of shred ill book asap grin

ozgirl - 22 November 2011 08:02 AM
TJswish - 22 November 2011 07:52 AM

for how many days?

6 or 7… As per this year, I’d probably skip riding the last day and be keen for some fishing / leaving for Sydney at a reasonable time for work the next morning.

CRACKERS - 22 November 2011 08:24 AM

The Station is definitely the best bet price wise and also as everyone would be together as well thats a massive bonus!
Does anyone know what times the bus to the tube leaves? does it get you there in time for first lifts? I got the tube ad on to the freedom pass smile

The idea would be to have the 12 seater bus and some cars and get up to the mountain at a early time each day…

The good thing about Boardworld vs your mates is that we actually want to ride and not cook bacon and eggs for breakfast…

My vote is make the shred in the NSW uni holidays cheese

Lachillingworth - 22 November 2011 08:37 AM

yeah i have a tube add on aswell cant wait. will the station be booked out closer to the season??? when it is decided the date of shred ill book asap grin

It should be organized soon. The idea would probably to get mates together in rooms and then have rooms of 6

I don’t mind sharing accom with people (Bags not in the Ullr boys room…) as $100 for a week of accommodation is cheap as chips!!!

Aren’t the Matterhorn and Coroboree lodges fairly cheap?????

A bus from off snow sounds great, but if someones hungover or injured, what are they then supposed to do?????

When K2 and I were incapacitated, it was a blessin to have the village to wander around and meet up with other crew throughout the day!!!!!

Just my opinion!!!!!!