The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld Shred 2012 - Preferred Dates

Poll: Preferred week
Total Votes: 27
Prefer September 3 - 9
Prefer September 10 - 16
Can only make September 3 - 9
Can only make September 10 - 16
Put me down for both weeks
I’m easy...

man i’m reading posts and then computer is posting when i hit back button

lanox - 23 November 2011 05:02 AM
TJswish - 23 November 2011 04:58 AM
lanox - 23 November 2011 04:43 AM

hey i am coming 2 thanks for leaving me out Blizzard lol i am most likely on the snow as i will not be coming by my self.

Try to remember that it is September season and most of the party will happen where the majority of the group is. I know a few people don’t want to stay off snow but the price will be cheaper and the non-boarding part of the week is just as fun as the boarding part. If you are by yourself, and over an hour away, you may miss out on all of that smile

TJ to be honest mani dont care i will stay where everyone stays and i think one of my mates will be attending as well.

All good mate, just letting you know as it was a blast just being around everyone for the shredding and the non shredding parts of the trip this year and wouldn’t want you to miss out smile

rider26 - 23 November 2011 05:06 AM

Hey guys,

Sorry, I feel like I owe some of you an apology. I didn’t mean to dump this onto you. I saw the opportunity to possibly get some reaaly cheap accomodation for those who want it. I’m guessing things will fill up fairly quick at that price. I know some people need to keep the costs down as much as possible.

Anyway, I’m happy to put the brakes on this and I might even close this thread. Maybe we need to take a step back and re-evaluate. Apologies if this has been confusing or caused any frustration.

nah all good Rider - good to save the dollars

you tell us what you are doing and we’ll tag along

i’m all for it, just don’t think i can be there for the whole week

If you can Cabby, make the effort to be there during the week. We had a blast this year smile

And the mountains are much less busy during the week.

spaz - 23 November 2011 04:24 AM
TJswish - 23 November 2011 03:43 AM

One of the major bonuses with the station is that there is a bar on site and a heap of room.

Not much different to ANYWHERE Tj. They all have bars. There is room because it’s out in the middle of nowhere but Thredbo has all that space for bbq’s etc (there was a mass bbq with free food organised by the locals in Thredbo during 2011shred that no-one bothered to come to). Saying it’s a “major bonus” is a little over the top. The only bonus with the station is the price.

I’m happy to stay at the station with everyone - just down the road is the foam pit a tramp set up. For me it’s about the company and a get together. But do think on-snow would be worth the extra $.

I’m not ready to book - I’m still in debt from last years shred and haven’t even started to consider what I’m doing for the season.

I’ll make a suggestion that will be a little “out there”
I can get The Shred Shed in Thredbo at a similar price as this year, it’s ten minutes from the skitube. We get Thredbo Village to play in but don’t have to deal KT and can board PB.

I like the Sundeck idea. Maybe for a POWshred mid season for those that can afford it?...

Just a question on behalf of Azz’s crew, and Chucky!!!!! Will the Station let Azz’s two boys, and Beesekay into where we are partyin????? (Licensing Laws)

Is there a designated area for us to be separate from the general public????? Trivia night and so forth!!!!!!

TJswish - 23 November 2011 05:22 AM

If you can Cabby, make the effort to be there during the week. We had a blast this year smile

And the mountains are much less busy during the week.

yepo, will be there as much as i can

Caboose - 23 November 2011 05:19 AM

Hey guys,

Sorry, I feel like I owe some of you an apology. I didn’t mean to dump this onto you. I saw the opportunity to possibly get some reaaly cheap accomodation for those who want it. I’m guessing things will fill up fairly quick at that price. I know some people need to keep the costs down as much as possible.

Anyway, I’m happy to put the brakes on this and I might even close this thread. Maybe we need to take a step back and re-evaluate. Apologies if this has been confusing or caused any frustration.

Cool. Leave it with me for a few days while I re-think everything. The Shred is meant to be happy times for everyone. Just want to make sure everyone is happy with the plan.

Your a good Boss!!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 23 November 2011 06:02 AM

Your a good Boss!!!!!!

He sure is smile

rider26 - 23 November 2011 05:57 AM
Caboose - 23 November 2011 05:19 AM

Hey guys,

Cool. Leave it with me for a few days while I re-think everything. The Shred is meant to be happy times for everyone. Just want to make sure everyone is happy with the plan.

No probs with a bit of a solid debate though hahaah. When it comes down to it im going to do my best to come whether its on snow or off….either way it means snowboarding with a crew!

would love to come but constrained by family and school hols.  Maybe if you do a vic mini i can drop in for a day or something.

blizzard_22 - 23 November 2011 04:37 AM

Rider - Station
Michelle - Station
Chucky - Station
Beeseekay - Station
Azz Clan (is that 5) - station
TJ - station
Caboose - station - will pay for bed for week
Dan
Drc13
Antisense
Blizz + Darkclouds - Station (don’t have Perisher season pass)
NBG - camping?
K2
Dolph
Deano
Ozgirl - jindy/Perisher
Finney - station
Spaz - Station

rick0889 - jindy
humdingaling
mizu + clan? - onsnow?
Billy - onsnow?

Maybes
Crackers - footy timetable
Cords + 1?

looks like 3 - 4 rooms at station atm

put me in for a room of 6 or ill book myself or will you do one big booking?