The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld Shred 2012 - Preferred Dates

Poll: Preferred week
Total Votes: 27
Prefer September 3 - 9
Prefer September 10 - 16
Can only make September 3 - 9
Can only make September 10 - 16
Put me down for both weeks
I’m easy...

More than likely I’ll be bumming it in my car most nights next year anyway or couch surfing if I feel sociable.

This year I took a gamble that didn’t pay off. Thredbo’s way of doing business cost me in excess of 20K.

Caboose - 23 November 2011 03:36 AM
Mizu Kuma - 23 November 2011 03:32 AM
finney - 23 November 2011 03:25 AM

For everyone posting all those on snow prices - make sure include whether it includes lift passes or not because not everyone has a season pass.

I agree!!!!! The quotes have to be include lifts, as theses are discounted when combined into a package!!!!!

Disagree

they don’t have to include lift tickets as a lot of us have season passes the reason we are going to Perisher was because of the early bird $699 season pass and the crappy service Threaders gave you guys

you will have to ask for 2 prices with & without or just deal with Station

Missin the point dude!!!!!

A LOT of people (Myself included) don’t have a Perisher Pass, so to gauge wether or not it is a viable option to stay on snow, it is most certainly needed as an inclusion in a package price!!!!!

When prices were negotiated for Thredbo, they were done with and without lift tickets to accommodate all!!!!!

The crew that are comin up from Vic definitely wont have Perisher Season Passes, and seein as though they put a mighty effort in for the first Shred, that we only extend common courtesy and cater for theses guys too!!!!!

All that I am sayin, is that you guys with the Perisher Season Passes, give consideration to those that don’t, when it comes to organisin this shin dig!!!!!!

Cool beans?????

Rider - Station
Michelle - Station
Chucky - Station
Beeseekay - Station
Azz Clan (is that 5) - station
TJ - station
Caboose - station - will pay for bed for week
Dan
Drc13
Antisense
Blizz + Darkclouds - Station (don’t have Perisher season pass)
NBG - camping?
K2
Dolph
Deano
Ozgirl - jindy/Perisher
Finney - station
Spaz - Station

rick0889 - jindy
humdingaling
mizu + clan? - onsnow?
Billy - onsnow?

Maybes
Crackers - footy timetable
Cords + 1?

looks like 3 - 4 rooms at station atm

hey i am coming 2 thanks for leaving me out Blizzard lol i am most likely on the snow as i will not be coming by my self.

Mizu Kuma - 23 November 2011 04:36 AM

All that I am sayin, is that you guys with the Perisher Season Passes, give consideration to those that don’t, when it comes to organisin this shin dig!!!!!!

Cool beans?????

soz mizu my post before came out a bit harsh and wasn’t meant too

will book my own accomo…as i dont know how many +‘s ill have
can only stay for the weekend (maybe day or two extra on the side)

dont have season pass also

ill probably be staying at station
will see how the perisher myride works this year

random post of no reason to get post count up

Caboose - 23 November 2011 04:45 AM

Cool beans?????

No biggies!!!!!

I just think that this is all turnin into a runaway freight train!!!!!

We should all step back and put some thought into this thing, like we did the last?????

I only just booked Canada, and in two days it feels as though I’m commitin to the 2012 Shred!!!!!

I might be different to you guys (Pretty sure that’s true, so keep jokes to minimum), but I like to commit to somethin that I WILL stay commited to, that’s all!!!!!

blizzard_22 - 23 November 2011 04:37 AM

Rider - Station
Michelle - Station
Chucky - Station
Beeseekay - Station
Azz Clan (is that 5) - station
TJ - station
Caboose - station - will pay for bed for week
Dan
Drc13
Antisense
Blizz + Darkclouds - Station (don’t have Perisher season pass)
NBG - camping?
K2
Dolph
Deano
Ozgirl - jindy/Perisher
Spaz - Station

rick0889 - jindy
humdingaling
mizu + clan? - onsnow?
Billy - onsnow?

Maybes
Crackers - footy timetable
Cords + 1?
finney - unsure if will be in country

looks like 3 - 4 rooms at station atm

updated - I’m not 100% in as I don’t even know if I’ll be in the country as I may be staying in Canada long term.

Just throwing my input in here based upon previous experiences I’ve had with staying on/off snow in perisher.

lanox - 23 November 2011 04:43 AM

hey i am coming 2 thanks for leaving me out Blizzard lol i am most likely on the snow as i will not be coming by my self.

Try to remember that it is September season and most of the party will happen where the majority of the group is. I know a few people don’t want to stay off snow but the price will be cheaper and the non-boarding part of the week is just as fun as the boarding part. If you are by yourself, and over an hour away, you may miss out on all of that smile

Caboose - 23 November 2011 04:46 AM

random post of no reason to get post count up

This is a good thread to have random post that will disappear quickly cabs.  teacherboy

TJswish - 23 November 2011 04:58 AM
lanox - 23 November 2011 04:43 AM

Try to remember that it is September season and most of the party will happen where the majority of the group is. I know a few people don’t want to stay off snow but the price will be cheaper and the non-boarding part of the week is just as fun as the boarding part. If you are by yourself, and over an hour away, you may miss out on all of that smile

TJ to be honest mani dont care i will stay where everyone stays and i think one of my mates will be attending as well.

Hey guys,

Sorry, I feel like I owe some of you an apology. I didn’t mean to dump this onto you. I saw the opportunity to possibly get some reaaly cheap accomodation for those who want it. I’m guessing things will fill up fairly quick at that price. I know some people need to keep the costs down as much as possible.

Anyway, I’m happy to put the brakes on this and I might even close this thread. Maybe we need to take a step back and re-evaluate. Apologies if this has been confusing or caused any frustration.

must admit
the only other time ive seen this forum so busy was during that forum games competition LOL

Mizu Kuma - 23 November 2011 04:53 AM
Caboose - 23 November 2011 04:45 AM

Cool beans?????

No biggies!!!!!

I just think that this is all turnin into a runaway freight train!!!!!

We should all step back and put some thought into this thing, like we did the last?????

I only just booked Canada, and in two days it feels as though I’m commitin to the 2012 Shred!!!!!

I might be different to you guys (Pretty sure that’s true, so keep jokes to minimum), but I like to commit to somethin that I WILL stay commited to, that’s all!!!!!