The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld Shred 2012 - Preferred Dates

Poll: Preferred week
Total Votes: 27
Prefer September 3 - 9
Prefer September 10 - 16
Can only make September 3 - 9
Can only make September 10 - 16
Put me down for both weeks
I’m easy...
Caboose - 23 November 2011 03:22 AM

Hey Chucky

we might need to start a new thread to get numbers sorted for those staying at Station & who can pay

i rang station they said they have heaps of rooms for the dates of 3-9th Sep 2012, it is more a time frame to get the cheaper price before 30th

if peeps wanna stay on snow let them organise it themselves

Yep. They still have heaps of rooms for those dates, but only some are at the discounted $79 rate available to Perisher Freedom Pass holders. Perisher has given me the OK to book rooms under the ‘Boardworld’ name at that rate (while they’re still available).

finney - 23 November 2011 03:25 AM

Also to everyone calling/trying to get deals etc - probably not a good idea to be advertising boardworld just yet - get just a basic quote and then let Jeremy take it from there if we have an agreement from everyone that we’re going to pursue on snow accom. Won’t be good for the image of BW if there’s a tonne of people out there pushing for the best deal etc.

I mentioned no names smile

chucky - 23 November 2011 03:38 AM
Caboose - 23 November 2011 03:22 AM

Hey Chucky

we might need to start a new thread to get numbers sorted for those staying at Station & who can pay

i rang station they said they have heaps of rooms for the dates of 3-9th Sep 2012, it is more a time frame to get the cheaper price before 30th

if peeps wanna stay on snow let them organise it themselves

Yep. They still have heaps of rooms for those dates, but only some are at the discounted $79 rate available to Perisher Freedom Pass holders. Perisher has given me the OK to book rooms under the ‘Boardworld’ name at that rate (while they’re still available).

From a few people asking around on snow, we would be looking a heap more expensive… Someone would have to find something at 1/2 price what is normally offered which you generally can’t find unless you are a member of a lodge or something…

After putting that bit of effort in and knowing what the station offers, I am happy to take the station. We just have to make sure we put a good effort into getting up the mountain at a reasonable time and not having hour long showers and waking up at 10am…

One of the major bonuses with the station is that there is a bar on site and a heap of room.

waking up at 10 = ill see ya at the mountain LOL

humdingaling - 23 November 2011 03:50 AM

i concur - 8am breaky & cup of coffee on mtn!!!!

humdingaling - 23 November 2011 03:50 AM

buahah agreed,

if i go i will be helping thos guys start the dame lift lool

From the sounds of it, I wouldn’t be surprised if we have a few different start times… “Hardcore group” 8am, “Softcore group” 9am and “Fk it, I’m going to Whistler in 6 months” 10am group.

Caboose - 23 November 2011 03:36 AM
Mizu Kuma - 23 November 2011 03:32 AM

For everyone posting all those on snow prices - make sure include whether it includes lift passes or not because not everyone has a season pass.

I agree!!!!! The quotes have to be include lifts, as theses are discounted when combined into a package!!!!!

Disagree

they don’t have to include lift tickets as a lot of us have season passes the reason we are going to Perisher was because of the early bird $699 season pass and the crappy service Threaders gave you guys

you will have to ask for 2 prices with & without or just deal with Station

I wasn’t saying that they had to include them in their quotes - just make it clear in the prices that you’re quoting on here whether or not they are included, simple.

Numbers, rough count from this thread - edit your accom if you want

In

Rider - Station
Michelle - Station
Chucky - Station
Beeseekay - Station
TJ - station
Caboose - station - will pay for bed for week
Dan
Drc13
Antisense
Blizz +1?
NBG - camping?
K2
Dolph
Deano
Ozgirl - jindy/Perisher
Finney - station

Spaz - onsnow?
rick0889 - jindy
humdingaling
mizu + clan? - onsnow?
Azz Clan (is that 5) - on snow?
Billy - onsnow?

Maybes
Crackers - footy timetable
Cords + 1?

looks like 3 - 4 rooms at station atm

finney - 23 November 2011 04:02 AM
Caboose - 23 November 2011 03:36 AM
Mizu Kuma - 23 November 2011 03:32 AM

For everyone posting all those on snow prices - make sure include whether it includes lift passes or not because not everyone has a season pass.

I agree!!!!! The quotes have to be include lifts, as theses are discounted when combined into a package!!!!!

Disagree

they don’t have to include lift tickets as a lot of us have season passes the reason we are going to Perisher was because of the early bird $699 season pass and the crappy service Threaders gave you guys

you will have to ask for 2 prices with & without or just deal with Station

I wasn’t saying that they had to include them in their quotes - just make it clear in the prices that you’re quoting on here whether or not they are included, simple.

soz finney was replying to mizu

Soz caboose - if I was in I’d definitely be in for the station, but I don’t forsee any way I’m gonna be able to confirm my ability to attend by the time its needed to get the cheap rooms. It’ll be at least a few months before I’ve got any clue if I can come so may as well rule me out at the speed this is all going!

I know crackers has to wait til his football season draw comes out before he’s likely to be able to confirm, too and I think he said that was Jan/Feb sometime.

no dramas cords

just trying to sift through the thread & getting numbers for Chunky

TJswish - 23 November 2011 03:43 AM

One of the major bonuses with the station is that there is a bar on site and a heap of room.

Not much different to ANYWHERE Tj. They all have bars. There is room because it’s out in the middle of nowhere but Thredbo has all that space for bbq’s etc (there was a mass bbq with free food organised by the locals in Thredbo during 2011shred that no-one bothered to come to). Saying it’s a “major bonus” is a little over the top. The only bonus with the station is the price.

I’m happy to stay at the station with everyone - just down the road is the foam pit a tramp set up. For me it’s about the company and a get together. But do think on-snow would be worth the extra $.

I’m not ready to book - I’m still in debt from last years shred and haven’t even started to consider what I’m doing for the season.

I’ll make a suggestion that will be a little “out there”
I can get The Shred Shed in Thredbo at a similar price as this year, it’s ten minutes from the skitube. We get Thredbo Village to play in but don’t have to deal KT and can board PB.

I like the Sundeck idea. Maybe for a POWshred mid season for those that can afford it?...

Rider - Station
Michelle - Station
Chucky - Station
Beeseekay - Station
Azz Clan (is that 5) - station
TJ - station
Caboose - station - will pay for bed for week
Dan
Drc13
Antisense
Blizz +1?
NBG - camping?