The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld Shred 2012 - Preferred Dates

Poll: Preferred week
Total Votes: 27
Prefer September 3 - 9
Prefer September 10 - 16
Can only make September 3 - 9
Can only make September 10 - 16
Put me down for both weeks
I’m easy...
TJswish - 23 November 2011 02:22 AM
finney - 23 November 2011 02:16 AM

Far out this all got completely out of hand really quickly….

Too many cooks in the kitchen. Should have kept it between a few people, got all the major details and then told people to pay $XXX to come or else do your own thing.

Best way to do it.

Haha so true. It’s good to see everyones opinion of course too. I’m not too fussed TBH. Station suits me fine and is mega cheap smile

when i think about it i am with Dan, either way i think i might be driving so yeah ...

Caboose i think its little hard to say i am coming right now i just managed to approve my japan trip from my wife imagine if i go home now and say hey can i got to snow then and there lool she would loose it i think

Might be worth contacting the Matterhorn. Good location. Their 2011 rates were:

$1018 for 7 nights
$768 for 5 nights
$296 for 2 nights

Above rates for 4-6 share including daily breakfast and dinner, except the 2 nights included 2 breakfasts and 1 dinner.

http://www.stayz.com.au/69873

Jeremy I’m happy to flick off an email to them if you’re ok with it?

Otherwise if you just want to settle on the Station happy to pul my head in grin

Dan83 - 23 November 2011 02:44 AM
TJswish - 23 November 2011 02:22 AM

Too many cooks in the kitchen. Should have kept it between a few people, got all the major details and then told people to pay $XXX to come or else do your own thing.

Best way to do it.

Haha so true. It’s good to see everyones opinion of course too. I’m not too fussed TBH. Station suits me fine and is mega cheap smile

To be fair i think the orignal questions was dates… LOL

Rider tried to just say were going to the station.

Let’s take this outside!!!!!

Caboose - 23 November 2011 01:57 AM

have just rung Perisher bookings will let you know what they come up with

1st response from PB bookings

LOL

ON SNOW:
Swagman Chalet (Located at the base of Front Valley Perisher)
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
6 nights $1020 per person (for every 10 people, you will receive 1 free of charge)
20 people = Paying for 18

18 x $1020 = $18,360

IN JINDABYNE:
1/8 & 2/8 Poly Cow Lane

6 nights $2061 per unit Room only (No Meals included). Each unit can sleep 10 people.

2 x $2061 = $4122

chucky - 23 November 2011 02:12 AM
Billy - 22 November 2011 07:36 PM
chucky - 22 November 2011 12:50 PM
Billy - 22 November 2011 11:50 AM
chucky - 22 November 2011 11:44 AM

https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/3161/

It’s ok Chucky I don’t need the link - it’s not a competition… I just think we need to keep in mind our Vic (and any other state) friends in mind too in the future….

No, it’s not a competition. However the reason for these polls is to get some kind of majority consensus, and the season pass numbers contribute to that. The reason I posted the link is to hopefully get updated numbers.

I know, that’s what I said!  oh oh

And I was agreeing with you. I don’t see why the whole ‘competition’ issue needed to be brought up in the first place. oh oh

From my POV you posting that link was you proving a point, I didn’t think it was necessary. All good!!! Let’s just drop it… smile

Yes, it did.

These polls went up because over the previous few days, Jez and I had been discussing the possibility of booking a bunch of rooms at The Station Resort for the 2012 Shred - so that everyone could actually stay together at the one place, and EVERYONE could afford to attend.

This was based on the fact that Perisher had already been decided on as the location of the 2012 Shred, and that people had specifically purchased Perisher season passes for 2012 based on that decision (ie. had the Shred been elsewhere, they would have purchased passes for there instead).

The $79 room rate is available only to those who have purchased these passes, which is why we intended to book a bunch of rooms for everyone at the discounted rate - Perisher has already given us the OK to do so. This discount, and the amount of discounted rooms available, is limited - and at the rate we’re going, I seriously doubt there’ll be any left by the time people get their shit together.

Hey Chucky

we might need to start a new thread to get numbers sorted for those staying at Station & who can pay

i rang station they said they have heaps of rooms for the dates of 3-9th Sep 2012, it is more a time frame to get the cheaper price before 30th

if peeps wanna stay on snow let them organise it themselves

blizzard_22 - 23 November 2011 02:53 AM

Might be worth contacting the Matterhorn. Good location. Their 2011 rates were:

$1018 for 7 nights
$768 for 5 nights
$296 for 2 nights

Above rates for 4-6 share including daily breakfast and dinner, except the 2 nights included 2 breakfasts and 1 dinner.

http://www.stayz.com.au/69873

Jeremy I’m happy to flick off an email to them if you’re ok with it?

Otherwise if you just want to settle on the Station happy to pul my head in grin

I talked to them, they said:

“After speaking to my manager we would be able to offer an industry discount of 10% which brings the rate down to $726 per person (multi share).”

Multi share is 4+ per room.

For everyone posting all those on snow prices - make sure include whether it includes lift passes or not because not everyone has a season pass.

Also to everyone calling/trying to get deals etc - probably not a good idea to be advertising boardworld just yet - get just a basic quote and then let Jeremy take it from there if we have an agreement from everyone that we’re going to pursue on snow accom. Won’t be good for the image of BW if there’s a tonne of people out there pushing for the best deal etc.

Sure staying on snow is great but to be honest I much rather the station - I’ve been going there the past 3-5 years now as it’s by far the cheapest option and an hour or two of travel every day really doesn’t phase me - not to mention the fact that leaving cars parked at the skitube for the week isn’t ideal as you’ll have to leave it there if you’re staying on snow.

In all fairness though Chucky, Perisher was not the location that was voted on and the desision to hold the next Shred there was made by Jeremy!!!!! As opposed to the first Shred which was decided on by a vote!!!!!!

Naughty Jeremy!!!!!  hmmm

Havin said that, I completely understand why Jeremy has wished to support the resort that supports Boardworld!!!!!

But what we have here was an inevitable outcome, when people feel as though they are being dictated to in regards to where we stay and play!!!!!

It’s great to see you guys spendin the time to organize this event, and without people like yourselves this event would NOT happen at all, but for everyone to feel a part of it and have some input to the final event I personally feel that we need to actively consult and discuss the whole thing!!!!!

We ALL have to stay level headed and not send this into a war, as we are all about pece and love here on Boardworld!!!!!

If that fails, then we just hire a boxin ring and punch on!!!!!!  smirk

finney - 23 November 2011 03:25 AM

For everyone posting all those on snow prices - make sure include whether it includes lift passes or not because not everyone has a season pass.

I agree!!!!! The quotes have to be include lifts, as theses are discounted when combined into a package!!!!!

Also to everyone calling/trying to get deals etc - probably not a good idea to be advertising boardworld just yet - get just a basic quote and then let Jeremy take it from there if we have an agreement from everyone that we’re going to pursue on snow accom. Won’t be good for the image of BW if there’s a tonne of people out there pushing for the best deal etc.

Sure staying on snow is great but to be honest I much rather the station - I’ve been going there the past 3-5 years now as it’s by far the cheapest option and an hour or two of travel every day really doesn’t phase me - not to mention the fact that leaving cars parked at the skitube for the week isn’t ideal as you’ll have to leave it there if you’re staying on snow.

also oversnow costs when you get to Perisher

i just asked for a “group” rate for a ski club - no names were used to protect the innocent

i am happy with station

Mizu Kuma - 23 November 2011 03:32 AM

I agree!!!!! The quotes have to be include lifts, as theses are discounted when combined into a package!!!!!

Disagree

they don’t have to include lift tickets as a lot of us have season passes the reason we are going to Perisher was because of the early bird $699 season pass and the crappy service Threaders gave you guys

you will have to ask for 2 prices with & without or just deal with Station