The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld Shred 2012 - Preferred Dates

Poll: Preferred week
Total Votes: 27
Prefer September 3 - 9
Prefer September 10 - 16
Can only make September 3 - 9
Can only make September 10 - 16
Put me down for both weeks
I’m easy...

Sorry Lanox, It’s definitely at Perisher and Thredbo is harder than Jindy to organise. Not to mention chains, park entry and food / drink costs.

spaz - 23 November 2011 12:12 AM

There are different things to do in and around Jindy that you can’t in PB, but they are things you can do anywhere. Isn’t the Shred about shredding/snow? If you went on a beach holiday would you stay 45min-1hr from the coast?

Very true spaz! To be honest, money aside, if I’m going to make the trip up I’d much rather stay on snow.. And I know about having no money!! I’m a teacher, after all! wink

no problem mate just was trying to help

Mizu Kuma - 23 November 2011 01:29 AM
lanox - 23 November 2011 01:19 AM

guys i can try and speak to Silverbrumby is anyone interested its at thredbo tho ? my friends dad has shares in them so dunno i can see what i can do, last year i went i got room for 75$ included breakfast and dinner.

http://www.silverbrumby.com.au//index.cgi?qBQ9RT1odHN0YXJ0JkwxPTIwMCZmbT0xMDAg

if you guys are interested i can see what i can do.

Pretty sure that Perisher is locked i as the venue this time, lanox!!!!!!

But surely there has to be similar things out there at Perisher?????

i am sure that there is just need to find someone that has shares in the lodge lol ....

lanox - 23 November 2011 01:55 AM
Mizu Kuma - 23 November 2011 01:29 AM
lanox - 23 November 2011 01:19 AM

guys i can try and speak to Silverbrumby is anyone interested its at thredbo tho ? my friends dad has shares in them so dunno i can see what i can do, last year i went i got room for 75$ included breakfast and dinner.

http://www.silverbrumby.com.au//index.cgi?qBQ9RT1odHN0YXJ0JkwxPTIwMCZmbT0xMDAg

if you guys are interested i can see what i can do.

Pretty sure that Perisher is locked i as the venue this time, lanox!!!!!!

But surely there has to be similar things out there at Perisher?????

i am sure that there is just need to find someone that has shares in the lodge lol ....

That’s where Perisher could maybe assist us?????

have just rung Perisher bookings will let you know what they come up with

The pen ultimate shred shed location would be sundeck (overlooking the super pipe!) But i am not sure how much of a deal they could offer us.

I tried to speak to a manager when i was there the last weekend in Sept but didn’t have much luck (they weren’t around).

Happy to call but didn’t want to step on Riders toes, and i don’t know them persue.

Billy - 22 November 2011 07:36 PM
chucky - 22 November 2011 12:50 PM
Billy - 22 November 2011 11:50 AM
chucky - 22 November 2011 11:44 AM

https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/3161/

It’s ok Chucky I don’t need the link - it’s not a competition… I just think we need to keep in mind our Vic (and any other state) friends in mind too in the future….

No, it’s not a competition. However the reason for these polls is to get some kind of majority consensus, and the season pass numbers contribute to that. The reason I posted the link is to hopefully get updated numbers.

I know, that’s what I said!  oh oh

And I was agreeing with you. I don’t see why the whole ‘competition’ issue needed to be brought up in the first place. oh oh

Far out this all got completely out of hand really quickly….

finney - 23 November 2011 02:16 AM

haha I was thinking the same thing, at this rate boardworld will implode before either september date!  teacherboy

Too many cooks in the kitchen. Should have kept it between a few people, got all the major details and then told people to pay $XXX to come or else do your own thing.

Best way to do it.

TJswish - 23 November 2011 02:22 AM

Too many cooks in the kitchen. Should have kept it between a few people, got all the major details and then told people to pay $XXX to come or else do your own thing.

Best way to do it.

Agreed, To be fair on rider though he has it pretty much spelt out in the 1st post and was simply asking for a vote on the dates, 11 pages later I think we’ve gone backwards!

rider26 - 22 November 2011 01:41 AM

Hey guys,

chucky and I have been looking to book a bunch of rooms at The Station Resort in Jindy for the week of the Shred.
We’re doing this for a few reasons.
1. There’s everything we need at The Station (bars, entertainment, nightclub etc.) and everyone can stay at the same place.
2. Price. No one will have to miss out because it’s too expensive.
3. We can book at the super cheap rate of $79 per night, per room. These rooms fit 6 people, so it’s only $13 a night!
We need to get in quick though!
So… what is the preferred week for the Shred? The two we’re thinking of are September 3 to 9, or September 10 - 16.
Please vote and give us your opinions.
Thank you. smile

think dates are locked in at 3-9th 12-2. 11 i don’t cares

Copy & Paste peoples - lets get numbers sorted

In
Caboose - Dates: TBC (prob 6th-9th Sep), Accom: Station Resort. Driving: Nth Syd/Parramatta 3 seats. Deposit: Can pay now
i will pay for my bed for the week

Just sent an email to Sundeck… may as well see what they can offer us.

ozgirl - 23 November 2011 02:29 AM

Just sent an email to Sundeck… may as well see what they can offer us.

I sent one to Deanes Snow and they came back with generic pricing… Replied with a subtle version of “that’s not good enough” and said we got similar accom in Thredbo last year for about 1/2 that etc etc… and I’ll see what her response is.