The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld Shred 2012 - Preferred Dates

Poll: Preferred week
Total Votes: 27
Prefer September 3 - 9
Prefer September 10 - 16
Can only make September 3 - 9
Can only make September 10 - 16
Put me down for both weeks
I’m easy...

My vote would change to “Can only make September 10 - 16”. My mum wouldn’t let me go down earlier because of exams. downer

My vote was prefer 10-16. But still will probably only be able to take a day or two off and go for 4 days at the end. My work holidays start on the 14th and go for 3 weeks so probably wont be able to take a week of (either of them) when I have 3 weeks coming up. I might be able to work some magic.

Really Im easy.

No idea if I’ll be able to do either option so I’m easy either way. i don’t know what I’m doing next week, let alone next year!

No idea really until I get my football draw in jan/feb hopefully I got a bye otherwise ill miss the weekend part!

We can pull the first week, we’d do Wednesday till the following Monday.

The station gets our vote of approval.

Three older kids should (will) be starters, depending on exam schedules (yrs 11 & 12 next year)

Wildman will walk up there if we don’t take him smile Yr 9 for him, so he can pretty much skip the whole of school next year, we only send him so he won’t drive us insane hmmm

Mini Shred unavailable downer

Beeseekay, seriously mate, what are you going to miss in a week of school? We pulled our kids out for a WHOLE winter and they did fine. You just gotta do the hard yards before the shred to get ahead with your schooling. I’m sure your Dad can talk to your teacher and get it organised.
Its not like its a holiday, ITS THE SHRED !!!!!! shaka hmmm

Azz - 22 November 2011 02:46 AM

Beeseekay, seriously mate, what are you going to miss in a week of school? We pulled our kids out for a WHOLE winter and they did fine. You just gotta do the hard yards before the shred to get ahead with your schooling. I’m sure your Dad can talk to your teacher and get it organised.
Its not like its a holiday, ITS THE SHRED !!!!!! shaka hmmm

Yeah, I’m smarter than my teachers anyway. smile

But my school has these policies about taking extra time off before/after actual school holidays, and they’re really strict about enforcing them.  People have been expelled!!!

But the main thing is my mum. If my dad makes her angry, he doesn’t get to see me as much - so he does what she says..

i will be there somewhere sometime 100%

life is changing next year so not sure when where how and why, but i will be there

beeseekay - 22 November 2011 02:40 AM

My vote would change to “Can only make September 10 - 16”.

Who says I was planning on taking you anyway???

Just kidding. smile

SEE what i have to put up with!!!

teacherboy

Haha, just kidding too.

BEST.

DAD.

EVER!

Can I change mine to “I’m easy”. Snow’s prob better early Sep but I really don’t care, whatever works for most people. I’ll prob do a wknd trip down late Aug/early Sep anyway.

Howdy! 3-9 would be best for me… I could swing 10-16 though if necessary but would rather not - long service leave next year! shaka

I know we have an overnight staff PD on the 13/14th Sept 2012 though and I missed it this year because of the Shred - so if I miss it two years running they might not be happy with me!

Vote #1 3-9th Sept!

I would much ratehr prefer 3-9th sep (but will do the following week if agreed) due to uni exams; and only can stay for a week for that same reason.