The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld Shred 2012 - Preferred Dates

Poll: Preferred week
Total Votes: 27
Prefer September 3 - 9
Prefer September 10 - 16
Can only make September 3 - 9
Can only make September 10 - 16
Put me down for both weeks
I’m easy...

Hey guys,

chucky and I have been looking to book a bunch of rooms at The Station Resort in Jindy for the week of the Shred.

We’re doing this for a few reasons.

1. There’s everything we need at The Station (bars, entertainment, nightclub etc.) and everyone can stay at the same place.

2. Price. No one will have to miss out because it’s too expensive.

3. We can book at the super cheap rate of $79 per night, per room. These rooms fit 6 people, so it’s only $13 a night!

We need to get in quick though!

So… what is the preferred week for the Shred? The two we’re thinking of are September 3 to 9, or September 10 - 16.

Please vote and give us your opinions.

Thank you. smile

Sounds good guys smile

I voted 3-9 as there is a better chance for decent snow.

I was hoping you’d say something during the school holidays! (I’ve already booked a week down there in the July Holidays)

I’m pretty keen to come a long to the 2012 shred but the nature of my job means I can’t take time off during the school term so I’d only be able to make it down for a weekend shred.

If those are the only two options I’d probably lean towards 3-9 (better chance of snow etc, although closing weekend this season was pretty amazing!)

drc13 - 22 November 2011 01:51 AM

I was hoping you’d say something during the school holidays! (I’ve already booked a week down there in the July Holidays). . .

That’s the reason the 10-16 date is there - September school holidays start for my crazy kid on the 14th, so at least we’d have the weekend at the Shred.

chucky - 22 November 2011 01:57 AM

I was hoping you’d say something during the school holidays! (I’ve already booked a week down there in the July Holidays). . .

That’s the reason the 10-16 date is there - September school holidays start for my crazy kid on the 14th, so at least we’d have the weekend at the Shred.

Really? I had quickly googled the school calendar and it had the 21st listed as the last day of term. Will have to track down a paper copy somewhere in the school to double check

Source: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/events/vacations.html

A few things to consider:

- This is Perisher, so the snow will be just fine on either of those dates.

- This is Perisher, so it WILL be crowded. The earlier we have it, the more crowds - making 10-16 a preferable date.

- I just spoke with The Station Resort people, and as we’re bound to get last minute decisions to come to the Shred, they said there’s a much better chance of last minute availability after the weekend of September 8th/9th.

- We will be booking weekend accomodation at various dates throughout the season at The Station Resort for Boardworld “Mini-Shreds” - first come, first served.

- The Station Resort has no problem with the Ullr boys getting a sign made up and hanging it outside their apartment door while they’re there, just so they feel more at home. smile

Need an “I’m easy” option!!!!!! As I am easy!!!!!

Does this price include shuttle to and from the hill????? There is bound to be some high blood alcohol limits within the crowds!!!!!

drc13 - 22 November 2011 02:01 AM
chucky - 22 November 2011 01:57 AM

Really? I had quickly googled the school calendar and it had the 21st listed as the last day of term. Will have to track down a paper copy somewhere in the school to double check

Source: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/events/vacations.html

Oh yeah - different schools, different times. It was the same this year I recall.

Mizu Kuma - 22 November 2011 02:13 AM

Need an “I’m easy” option!!!!!!

Good idea.

Mizu Kuma - 22 November 2011 02:13 AM

Does this price include shuttle to and from the hill????? There is bound to be some high blood alcohol limits within the crowds!!!!!

Nope.

Perhaps also, people should list dates when then can/can’t come? For example, I’m only in for the 10-16 option.

Don’t care, as long as there is white stuff, I’m there!

I believe the Station runs a shuttle to the ski tube, that is about it.

I like the idea of being at the Station!

OK, I added some options to the poll.

Bummer. It looks like 3-9 will take it out. No shred for me.  downer

chucky - 22 November 2011 02:11 AM

- We will be booking weekend accomodation at various dates throughout the season at The Station Resort for Boardworld “Mini-Shreds” - first come, first served.

Nice! might give the freedom pass a workout

Anyone keen for a two week Shred?

Since we now have new options, please let me know if anyone wants to change their vote to something else.