The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

I’m pissed off

ok done about 16 days this season and only just feel like i’m getting my mojo back

3 all time days, 2 crud early season days and a lot of bad viz/weather days

i have another 8 days next week at PB (might stop at Selwyn Sat 30th to look at the park)

looks like only 1 weekend in Sept i will be able to do .......

maybe a couple of october BC days

i need/want more time on snow ......

so who wants to sponsor me to go OS japow, Canada or shuss-Eruo 2010 wink :D

How many seasons have you been riding?

I find that I feel this way some times. but it is not on all accounts of riding. I may feel this way for my park riding… or my carved turnes, or my ability to ride at higher speeds. but never on all accounts.

Do you feel this way in all areas of your riding? or is it only in one area? sometimes with freestyle riding finding the opportunity to do some tricks… like the right rail / box, or the right jump to do something off of…
Dont be discouraged. As long as you are riding you are progressing. and it sure as heck is better than sitting at home with no snow, and typing on an online message board.
LOL

10 seasons +

but usually max out about 20 days a season

normal cruising is ok, but getting some tricks down and trying new stuff - just can’t find the time/money for it

make a backyard terrain park using snow gel, boxes and whatnot.
I’ve taken some tips from Evan and when my studies this year are over, im looking forward to hopefully getting a few rails or pipes togeter

Snow gel? Is that the stuff that goes from powder to slimy goo?

nah man.
It goes from a gel out of a tub to form a imitation of snow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwEI5vWnTaY

golfpunklegend - 17 August 2009 06:56 AM

nah man.
It goes from a gel out of a tub to form a imitation of snow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwEI5vWnTaY

Similar result to the powder. Not sure on it’s name though. I like the whole jsut add water, same with the powder. I wonder what would happen if you ate it…

yeah like instasnow and Dziner snow.
i know of these because they are used for christmas decorations.
however, im not so sure if they’ll slide as well as snow gel would…

I know that the powder does slide well enough (can’t compare to snow gel, never seen/used it). Ice shavings is reasonably realistic (ice skating rinks)

The best thing about snow gel though is that you can keep it for a fair while so you can just have it in your backyard and leave it there for a fair while.
i think you have to store it properly if you want it to last long enough though

Have you ever used it? Does it fell kind of slippery and wet but not water wet. The stuff I’m talking about feels like that and last ~1 week in open air before it starts to dry.

not snow gel, but thats been recommended to me though.
i’ve used other imitation “snow” products to help in decorations for christmas although no one has ever said whether it is suitable for boarding on.
I’d say it’d be better than nothing but it wouldnt help you get a lot of speed.

Caboose - 17 August 2009 03:32 AM

10 seasons +

but usually max out about 20 days a season

normal cruising is ok, but getting some tricks down and trying new stuff - just can’t find the time/money for it

I think this happened to me around season 4. I was making a lot of progress and I felt that the following season it took me a while to really get some turns down like I had them the previously season.

If it is about your freestyle riding, it may be jus tbecause of the opportunities that you have had to ride certain features. Keep in mind that to force yourself into doing some tricks may be a good set up for injury, so take it easy and do waht you feel comfortable with.

OK this advice really goes past Jeremy’s advice of “dome one thing a day that scares you”, so of course leave room for that one thing, maybe…. LOL

I thought Christmas ‘fow (fake snow)’ came in a can and was liek silly string or expandafoam. Shows what I know about that market, haha

nah we need a snowflex park near sydney

i think we need to set up a business plan for this

http://www.snowflex.com/

It does, but you can also use this stuff and i know after you mix it, you can still use it the next year cos it lasts that long if you store it properly.