The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

My 1st time - I’m hooked

Tills - 18 August 2009 04:42 AM

Thanks for the welcome guys.  smile

Still a little sore today actually, but not too bad. I’m trying to sort out at least one more trip before the end of the season.

As I said, the lesson was a great move, and I think I’ll even do another one next time up.

I’m still pumped from the weekend, and I think a few people might be sick of hearing about it, but it’s all good.  smile

Oh, and races down Bourke St sitting on our boards after hours at the pub were EPIC!.

Which part was epic?
the speed or the stack raspberry

Both!  grin

And overtaking skiers!  LOL

Sounds like you had a mad time man.
Any plans on going up again?

Mate, I’d love to. I’m hoping I’ll at least get a few more day trips in before the end of the season. I wouldn’t mind going up for another w/e, but I’m saving to go O/S early next year, so a few day trips might have to do at this stage.

I’m only a 2.5hr drive from Buller so day tripping isn’t too bad. Just have to convince the mates to come too.

Really? whereabouts are you?
its about 2.5 hours for me too smile

Hey Tills, have you checked out the rider progression articles/videos?

If you want to overtake skiers have a look at this one. wink

https://www.boardworld.com.au/content/category/straight-runs/

golfpunklegend - 20 August 2009 12:59 AM

Really? whereabouts are you?
its about 2.5 hours for me too smile

I’m in Bundoora mate. I can pretty much just shoot through Eltham and Yae and go up that way. Either that or I can go up through Whittlesea.

Rider26,

I’m pretty sure I’ve checked out all of the vids etc. They were the first things I checked out when I found BW. Straight lining felt pretty good. Didn’t have too many troubles there. Except for when I tried it switch, and got my ambitions confused with my abilities. Picked up way too much speed and had a nice stack.  raspberry

That fast from Bundoora? I thought that would be more like 3 hours. Guess I have to go in a 20minutes then out again from the yarra valley to get going.

Mate, it could well be 3hrs. I’ve obviously only done the drive up there once, but it took us about 3 hours to get up there on the Friday with traffic and roadworks stoppages. We took a different way home on the Sunday, but without taking real not of the times, I’m pretty sure it was closer to 2.5.

Advanced planning on the Tomtom does say 3 hours though.  question

for me, its 5 minutes onto maroondah highway and then straight down pretty much smile

Tills - 21 August 2009 05:11 PM

Advanced planning on the Tomtom does say 3 hours though.  question

Ah, the GPS device. One of my friends went into Albury on the way to Falls instead of turning off at glenrowan because the gps said to…and he was leading a convoy (from Melbourne this is).
Anyway, back on topic 3 hour maximum drive should keep you going back for more!

nic - 22 August 2009 06:18 AM
Tills - 21 August 2009 05:11 PM

Anyway, back on topic 3 hour maximum drive should keep you going back for more!

I dont think the drive gets anyone back for more raspberry
its the snow that gets us.
they gotta open one of them dry slopes around here

Drivign a shorter distance is better than a long distance

nic - 22 August 2009 10:12 PM

Drivign a shorter distance is better than a long distance

thank you captain obvious raspberry
you’re just flaunting your driving time to buller

bahaha I laughed out loud at that call gpl raspberry

then dad gave me a weird look…

14 hour bus ride to buller isn’t alll that inviting…but it is worth it if it’s like what it was last year…

26 hour plane ride to Canada, however, is a LOT more inviting smile

Great to hear you are in the net with us though Tills, hope you get some more in before the season is up (if you are planning on of course)