The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Travis, Eero or Eiki?

Simple question, whos best.

Travis Rice
Eero Ettala
Eiki Helgason

or if you know someone better than these three…....

The greatest protest is non-support

Edit: I’m just not ever excited about topics such as this, and I gather that few are.
I find it odd how much importance and significance pro snowboarders have on other snowboard enthusiasts.

I really don`t think there is a “best”...It`s mainly subjective.

The one who influenced me first and foremost though was…

Craig Kelly…RIP

Aidy - 14 June 2009 12:16 AM

Travis Rice
Eero Ettala
Eiki Helgason

it’s not who’s better…for me it’s who gets me more stoked!
for me gigi, nico, travis parker, my mates all get me stoked to ride.

t.rice is good…but i reckon i enjoy watching eero more. that guy makes everything look so easy. and he kills it on street rails as good as ANY RAIL specific riders IMO, great all round action

yeah travis rice has some wicked style and i recently watched thats it, thats all and loved it.
however eero ettala gets me so stoked to hit the park, does any one know some sick dvds / clips of Eero in action?

i guess it depends on what type of riding your into more?

i prefer terje, think he is great and of course shaun white is a general freak

I love watching Eero, he is so good.

Travis, Thats it Thats all folks smile

Craig Kelly. Good call.

Banjobiwan - 14 June 2009 02:21 AM

Travis Rice
Eero Ettala
Eiki Helgason

I get super stoked when my wife learns new things snowboarding, so that makes my wife the best snowboarder to me… awesome!
I’ll get some brownie points for that one! thanks.

snowslider - 14 June 2009 10:10 PM

Travis Rice
Eero Ettala
Eiki Helgason

I get super stoked when my wife learns new things snowboarding, so that makes my wife the best snowboarder to me… awesome!

haha nice….my wife is the person i spend the most time on snow with out of all my crew! yeah it’s pretty sick to see her now hitting the park with me and wanting to progress more and more! after watching some of nev’s how to vids, this weekend we are going to get our board on out in the yard and practice the mechanics of tricks.

Banjobiwan - 14 June 2009 11:11 PM
snowslider - 14 June 2009 10:10 PM

Travis Rice
Eero Ettala
Eiki Helgason

haha nice….my wife is the person i spend the most time on snow with out of all my crew! yeah it’s pretty sick to see her now hitting the park with me and wanting to progress more and more! after watching some of nev’s how to vids, this weekend we are going to get our board on out in the yard and practice the mechanics of tricks.

That sounds great.
I think a lot can be learned by ‘carpet boarding’, or even going outside and strapping in. good idea. I am sure the time strapped in will pay off.
It is a great way to learn more about your equipment and riding, I do it every year.

poor eiki, not even a mention, this kids gonna be killing it at the highest levels, check him out if you haven’t seen him shred!

I agree that it is a bit weird to compare…
all round atm though I think Torstein Horgmo kills it in all areas of snowboarding…railing, parks & he’s starting to do more backcountry stuff now too which is sick and he has one of the best styles I’ve ever seen. Its so clean that its scary & he’s looks equally comfortable switch…
I love all the riders mentioned though plus a lot more not mentioned.