The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Anyone making a last ditch effort for a board in Aus…

Conditions were great early, but it did get a little sticky later. Got strange hail-snow (like millions of tiny ball-bearings around 1:30 - 2:00 and windy but still heaps of fun. Did a run through the tree-line from mid-station to Happy Valley and I haven’t ridden on snow like before. So much fun. Good to meet up with you Beachguy. Didn’t see you later, so figured you’d gone to the pub. I only had one day so made the most of it. Made the mistake of dropping in at Cherri Pow on the way home and left with new Flux SF45’s and a pair of Vans boots. I think that should see me through 2012. Funny thing when Davo was fitting the bindings to my board he said the board would probably have gone faster if I’d scraped the storage wax off it. I reckon he may have been right.

Re the new board…hell it was like chalk and cheese compared to the old Burton. Was able to flat board at speed, and really hook in and out of turns. It was heaps easier to initiate turns and I even started getting some air of the side of some of the runs. That was the best day. I know it’s a cliche but I’m really looking forward to the next Shred now. Bit jealous of you guys going to Japan. Maybe in 2013.

MU

Sounds like ya got the bug somethin fierce MU????

“probably have gone faster if I’d scraped the storage wax off it”, Hahahahahaaa!!!!!!

Look forward to ya pics!!!!!

And see ya in Japan in 2013!!!!!  shaka

Ewwwww Sago!

Sounds like you had lots of fun!

Hahaha about he storage wax - but you just reminded me to put it on for the summer so thanks!

You down here as well Banger? Yesterday at about 1:30-2pm it got bad sticky.  Today was good fun through below Olympic and also the old leichhardt park had fresh tracks through some good rollers.  Snowed on and off all day and was pretty heavy when we left, praying for snow all night and bluebird tomorrow.

ahoy there chaps and chapettes, long time reader first time poster blah blah blah.
In regards to out of season boarding, now that the lifts have stopped turning are there any rules saying that you cant just go up there and hike around and board at your own free will, or are the runs out of bounds now for safety/insurance issues? I wouldnt mind doing a lazy trip up to buller, build a kicker and muck around with a few mates on the weekend

Welcome to Boardworld, trentradpants. shaka

Love your avatar… LOL

your assuming buller has any snow left…

does it?

trentradpants - 04 October 2011 02:18 AM

ahoy there chaps and chapettes, long time reader first time poster blah blah blah.
In regards to out of season boarding, now that the lifts have stopped turning are there any rules saying that you cant just go up there and hike around and board at your own free will, or are the runs out of bounds now for safety/insurance issues? I wouldnt mind doing a lazy trip up to buller, build a kicker and muck around with a few mates on the weekend

I don’t think there’s anything stopping you from doing that. I could be wrong though rolleyes There might not be much snow left by the time the weekend comes around downer

Welcome to Boardworld, trentradpants!!!!!

If they don’t have signs up sayin that ya can’t, then I would just go and do that shit!!!!!  shaka

Just make sure that ya get vid/pics and share them with us!!!!! Otherwise it’s highly illegal to do it!!!!!  hmmm

Yeah I would definatly check to see if there was any snow still there before commiting to the trip but mainly wanted to know incase the weather turns and we have another late season dump like last week or even before the season opens next year.

Falls last Sunday was good! Typical - closing day and heavy snow at times

I was down at Perisher for a look-see before the start of the season and people were hiking up front-valley to do exactly what you are talking about. There were a few people hiking up and riding and a few kids doing some small jumps off kickers about half way up FV. No-one seemed to care. I don’t think there was anyone ‘official’ around.

MU

Had a really good time mostly, found some pillow lines of sorts between Mount P and the happy valley i think it is on Saturday.  Sunday was awesome, really really fun lines off the leichardt t bar, go down the old terrain park turn left just before the dog leg, bust through the trees and found some fun steeps with the odd drop and nice powder and round the the tbar to do it all again.  Monday was bluebird morning which after the previous two days was sick.

Couple of pics from the drive in on Monday

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pics from the double chair on Mt P

Photobucket

Photobucket

Quick vid of the mate I went with and a mate of his who was down there at the same time, my mate is generally a sick rider but for the one slip up on the box ha ha ha!

Was good to meet MU as well, I was coming down to the quad and we sort of looked at each other and recognised the outerwear from the pics, was pretty funny actually!

Nice one Samsy. Best snow of the season for sure. I was so shagged out on the way home. I pretty much rode non-stop from 9:30 till 4:00. Nice vid and pics too mate. Weather Monday looked so perfect.

MU

Cheers James, Monday was an awesome day weather wise!