The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What’s your favourite music to listen to while riding?

Poll: as per topic
Total Votes: 25
Dance
Hip-hop
Punk
Rock
Metal
Funk
Pop
Classical

I like a mix, but hip-hop and some funk would be my pick

I like anything with strong bass. Like a good beat, same when I’m running.
Stuff like Knight’s of Cydonia by Muse gets played a lot when I’m listening to music and doing exercise.

nic - 04 August 2009 11:58 AM

I like anything with strong bass. Like a good beat, same when I’m running.
Stuff like Knight’s of Cydonia by Muse gets played a lot when I’m listening to music and doing exercise.

haha great call - having the constant beat just keeps you going along and makes you feel like you are in a zone with the music…

Knights of Cydonia is awesome as well smile

I voted hip-hop basically for the bass lines like you said nic, but really it ranges in to rock, metal and dance as well…

I picked punk.
But with the many styles that I listen to, I could have picked all options.
I prefer the energy and honesty behind punk rock. More descriptively I prefer hardcore-punk music.
The energy and honesty only increase from punk style to hardcore style.
But so much hardcore is just metal now a days, and the influence of metal into the hardcore style has been good for the music, but there is a bit too much lately, personally.
The best band I’ve found lately is “Make Do and Mend” from the northeast US. very good melodic and sincere lyrics.
if the lyrics are good I can almost tolerate any style.

Chillout/electronica.

snowslider - 04 August 2009 12:59 PM

I picked punk.
But with the many styles that I listen to, I could have picked all options.
I prefer the energy and honesty behind punk rock. More descriptively I prefer hardcore-punk music.
The energy and honesty only increase from punk style to hardcore style.
But so much hardcore is just metal now a days, and the influence of metal into the hardcore style has been good for the music, but there is a bit too much lately, personally.
The best band I’ve found lately is “Make Do and Mend” from the northeast US. very good melodic and sincere lyrics.
if the lyrics are good I can almost tolerate any style.

I agree sno… Punk all the way when shredding. I too listen to alot of hardcore aswell.. Killswitch engage has a new album which is siiiick, Also get into alot of parkway drive when riding… Gets me super amped!

Ill be sure to check out Make Do and Mend.. Feed back to come smile

im into a bit of everything.
Some chart-toppers, a fair bit of hiphop, but mainly i like hitting rails and riding with techno on. most of my techno is ministry of sound or remixes.

I like a good mix, some days it powderfinger / foo fighters etc. Most of the time Hilltop Hoods and Funkoars get me pumped up. Sometimes even a little pendulum. Best all time boarding album has to be the DC MTN.LAB soundtrack….diverse range of stuff and just brings up images of big air and fat jibbing!

Nudge - 04 August 2009 11:53 PM

I like a good mix, some days it powderfinger / foo fighters etc. Most of the time Hilltop Hoods and Funkoars get me pumped up. Sometimes even a little pendulum. Best all time boarding album has to be the DC MTN.LAB soundtrack….diverse range of stuff and just brings up images of big air and fat jibbing!

|
Hilltop hood’s new album - state of the art is banging.

NOFX, Penny Wise are a few of my main playlists but I do throw in a little of everything it all depends on what Im riding.  Metalica, the doors, bob marley, pearl jam it all just depends lol

golfpunklegend - 05 August 2009 01:09 AM

Hilltop hood’s new album - state of the art is banging.

yeah it was worth the wait. Chase that feeling has been a little over played on the radio lately and channel 10 have been using it in promo stuff. I hope they dont sell out and end up on a weet-bix box!

Its soooo overplayed.
I hate how the radio always finds some good songs and just overplay it.
It wrecks it for me.
For example, when wes carr and his “feels like woah” came out, it was mad stuck in my head. Now, if i hear wes carr woah one more time, i’d change the channel straight up.

golfpunklegend - 05 August 2009 05:56 AM

Its soooo overplayed.
I hate how the radio always finds some good songs and just overplay it.
It wrecks it for me.
For example, when wes carr and his “feels like woah” came out, it was mad stuck in my head. Now, if i hear wes carr woah one more time, i’d change the channel straight up.

Definitely agree with this. Some songs just get murdered when they’re heard 10+ times in a day. Most of the time I don’t bother with the radio for this reason. Can;t get away from shops and what TV shows play though.

I normally listen to triple j cos they have fresh new artists coming on all the time wink

golfpunklegend - 05 August 2009 11:11 AM

I normally listen to triple j cos they have fresh new artists coming on all the time wink

Yeah, triple j is normally a good listen. Can’t say I’m a fan when there’s screamo on there
but they can’t please everyone. Best is when they have hottest 100 countdown’s or ultimate
music festival.

nic - 05 August 2009 11:31 AM
golfpunklegend - 05 August 2009 11:11 AM

Yeah, triple j is normally a good listen. Can’t say I’m a fan when there’s screamo on there
but they can’t please everyone. Best is when they have hottest 100 countdown’s or ultimate
music festival.

When they had the hottest 100 of all time a couple of weeks ago, it was a great weekend!