The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

BWG Mag Launching (Boardworld Girls)

rider26 - 27 September 2011 07:04 AM

BWG Mag is the new Boardworld Girls. We went in a slightly different direction to give it broader appeal. It’s going to have a big focus on lifestyle, as well as boardsports. To be honest, the girls know a lot more about what’s going on than I do. I’m just as intrigued and looking forward to seeing the final product. This was truly a ‘no boys allowed’ project.

Surely some of your “feminine traits” played a minor role somewhere????  kiss

BKM - 27 September 2011 07:09 AM

I’m gonna be the first to come up with the idea of a Boardworld iPhone app! haha

Will the magazine be a sporty version of Dolly? raspberry

I guess you’ll have to wait and see… wink

Mizu Kuma - 27 September 2011 07:17 AM
rider26 - 27 September 2011 07:04 AM

BWG Mag is the new Boardworld Girls. We went in a slightly different direction to give it broader appeal. It’s going to have a big focus on lifestyle, as well as boardsports. To be honest, the girls know a lot more about what’s going on than I do. I’m just as intrigued and looking forward to seeing the final product. This was truly a ‘no boys allowed’ project.

Surely some of your “feminine traits” played a minor role somewhere????  kiss

rage

LOL

So much anger…....... take a shower and calm down, dude!!!!! I can vouch that it works a treat!!!!!

I already showered this morning. Some of us care about the environment.  smirk

In terms of design, chick mags kick arse at the top end of the scale. Still, on the other side of the coin, the worst chick mags are far worse than the worst blokes’ mags. Overall, though, there’s far more shit designed mags than good ones.

From what I’ve seen so far from BWG, I give it the thumbs up.

rider26 - 27 September 2011 07:44 AM

I already showered this morning. Some of us care about the environment.  smirk

Another one of those traits????  smirk

Good to hear

Hope all work’s out shaka

I don’t even know what “lifestyle” means in this context? sounds like it might be frankie with the odd snowboard/skateboard in the background? Good luck with it though, I hope it kills it!

I think “lifestyle” refers to the type of music/fashion/other interests, that the majority of current day boarding girls are interested in!!!!!

^ That’s it.

cords - 27 September 2011 08:21 AM

I don’t even know what “lifestyle” means in this context? sounds like it might be frankie with the odd snowboard/skateboard in the background?

I think frankie’s a great mag, but in this case, I’d hope BWG would be more like Cooler mag.

Looks really cool. Looking forward to see what is ahead