The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What are you doing?

OK silly name for this topic.
But It thought it fit, because that is what Twitter and Facebook updates are all about.

Seriously. This message board community is different than many others (maybe because Aussies are nicer than Americans?). So I thought it would be interesting to have a topic where we got a little more personal about what is going on in our personal lives.
This topic is dedicated to that.

I’ll start.

On Friday my wife and I are buying a new house.
On August 16th My wife is due to deliver our son - our first child.

That is what is going on in my life, and I’m excited about it - what are you excited about? or where do you work etc. Just share some personal stuff and we’ll all get to know each other a little better.

Right now, I’m getting off work at 2:30PM and heading home to be with my pregnant wife.

That is awesome that you are expecting your first child!! Congratulations

This is what is going on in my life right now:

June- July 29th: Just got home from a month long trip to Africa, London and Madrid
July 20: Sold our family home and have to be out in a few weeks, parents found a place to rent for a couple years
August: Leaving for Sydney, Australia for the year to work and travel

And that’s about all that’s happening for now

Congrats Snowslider, exciting times for you !!!!!!

My life:
exams everyday until this weekend.
Saturday: an 18th
Sunday: Hopefully buller

Congrats snowslider. I’m in second last year of high school and then will probably start uni.

Right now:  rendering 40 video files, to edit in Final Cut Pro, this is the 4th time for this one DVD - for a customer, I’ve been up since 3:49am doing it. I swear this one project is cursed! - It’s 4weeks overdue, all the others I’ve done haven’t had these problems.

I have 2 other identical projects to follow plus two copies of a DVD to do that I could have done yesterday when that project was open, only the person only just let me know!

I know you probably don’t need to know about work but all the videos are of skiing and snowboarding so it’s interesting.

I get up early each day so I can get my shop set up at the bottom of Thredbo’s main chairlit, shoot some video, edit and upload for my site. Lately I haven’t been making it on first lifts or I have to go video or photograph a race event. these vids need to be edited for presentations that afternoon.

My daughter decided last week she wanted to go back to school which is 40mins away (Jindabyne) instead of skiing eveyday???

I started building a jump today only ski patrol told me to fill it in? At the time videos were rendering, when I got back the hard drive was full and a 2 hr render failed.

My vegetarian girlfriend just cooked a lamb roast, that I’m about to devour as they have been away all weekend and I’ve been living off takeaway.

nic - 04 August 2009 05:55 AM

Congrats snowslider. I’m in second last year of high school and then will probably start uni.

Where are you doing your year 11 at?

Lilydale, will also be doing 12 there

Playing halo 3 trying to get over 30 skill in ranked online…. Tough work

At Falls Creek about to pass out from tiredness. Left Sydney at midnight, got here at 9am, rode all day, had meetings and product showings till now. Time for bed.

By the way the Hero is awesome. I was riding it most of the day with co2 ests. So much fun.

congratz snowslider.. boy or girl..? any names yet?

well.. aug 19th gf and i 1 year anni as bf n gf.. lolz..  but we been besties for like 3 years.. gonna spend it down wollongong for a weekend away..

i work for cityrail.. ahahah. oh yes… bludgiest job evaaah =D

and a confession: im addikted to this site and facebook >.<

Engaged to my partner of almost 5 years, he popped the question at Eagles nest Thredbo last month. If im not at work im playing the team manager role for a local gridiron team.

I too, am addicted to this site and facebook!

Right now? I am writing a selection criteria *groan*

hey snowslider…congrats on the upcoming addition…your life will never be the same and all a blast…i’ve got three and my most exciting recent memory is watching my two eldest girls (9 and 7) shred down nz a couple of weeks ago…my 4yo is still too young to shred, so doing the ski junket at moment…

as to what i’m doing, daydreaming and praying for more snow as down to thredbo in a couple of weeks…

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words,
We will be having a BOY, and we’re still undecided on names, but there are a few in the mix.

It is interesting how everyone asks what names we are throwing around… and they respond with something like “oh, that’s too plain” or “now, do you really want to do that”. UGH! personally I dont see why everyone has to have an opinion about something like that, which is so personal and has NOTHING to do with them. oh well.

Congrats to nyteskye and snowcrazy!!! Married life is great, it’s been 11 yrs for us

Hey spaz, funny your vegetarian girl is making lamb roast!
I’ve not eat meat for many years and it frustrates my wife, saying she never knows what to cook. I’m just stubborn.
I used to try and be militant about it, but I dont care anymore - it’s just stubbornness.
I eat fish and eggs and cheese and all that, but not beef, steak or pork or chicken etc.
I know, I know,  I eat the egg, but not the chicken I dont argue about it anymore - I dont even say I’m vegetarian anymore, I prefer to say that I just eat what I want, and I dont want to eat ______ (fill in the blank as it applies at the time)

Start on a board as young as possible, will defs be worth it. Congrats.

Oh I cant wait. I think I’ll put him on a board as son as he can walk!
I know a few who got the kids skiing first, but I’m not sure how I’ll do it.
Skiing works well because they can basically walk on the skis, but the balance it takes for snowboarding I think can be learned at a very early age.

I’d be so nervous on the hill for someone to run into my kid… Oh I’d be outraged!