The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Your haul from the shred

It will be September again smile

Cost me about 400 for the lift pass, 135 accom, bout 300 in beer and food

maybe 850ish?

If you add flights from Darwin to Sydney I’d say you’d need about $1200. Then I factor in all the prizes I got (without the snowboard, $200 for the bag, $50 for Burton T, $100 for Burton hoodie $80 for airhole masks?) and I’d say I got like $450 ($1300 inc snowboard) worth of gear and got to snowboard and drink for a whole week.

Totally worth it if you ask me!!!

Yep early September sounds good. Although am I right in thinking there are less entertainment options in Perisher without a Thredbo Village nearby. Any thoughts?

Don’t get me wrong though I still think the Shred should totally be at Perisher. I was riding at Blue Cow and Perisher on Sunday and the cover was heaps better than Thredbo although it was a bit slushy.

MU

I seriously think we can make our own entertainment!!!

I guess I better start saving! Never been snowboarding before, let alone even been in the snow. Let’s hope it’s easier than skateboarding smile

^^ You should definitely come along next year!  shaka

I find it easier. Also my friends that have skated picked up snowboarding within a few days and can definitely keep up.

There will be someone at your level though, there was a good mix throughout all the riders…