The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

A HUGE THANK YOU . . .

. . . to Rider26 and Just Giver, for the incredible effort you’ve gone to in putting together the amazing prize packs for the Boardworld Shred! Not only did you hook us up with some of the best boards and bindings on the market to ride during the Shred, but now this?! The Boardworld Shred is destined to become a massive event in future years, and you’ve already made it a seriously hard act to follow. You guys are the best, and it’s really important you’re aware of how much everyone here appreciates what you do for us - not just the Shred, but all of Boardworld.

And I missed it….

I am sure I have some salt nearby to rub in.

If you can’t find that salt I’m sure the photos and video will be enough to irritate that wound CJ.

Kudos to Jez and Michelle.
“Hard act to follow” - agreed, I had the same thought as I stumbled home with my prize pack at 2:15am. Next year there is bound to be more Shred goers so the prizes will have to spread out. Can’t wait to show some steeze in my Burton Restricted hoodie and RAD gloves (today will be to warm for the AirHole face mask). It’s a tight squeeze for my 15” laptop, it just fits in the Burton DJ bag but has enough compartments for carrying all the extra bits like external HD, bluetooth devices and cables tidily (the bag is designed to carry 13” puters.

I hope rider can relax now there is room in his car to breath. It seems the hardest task was coming up with competitions or challenges so he and michelle had reason to give stuff away.

Great work guys and a big thanks from spaz, all the effort you put in makes it a pleasure to be involved in the shred.

Yes bloody awesome. Stoked to get my pack when i woke up this morning!!!!

COuld have said it better myself! So i will just say Ditto!!

What they said ^^^^^ cheese

Thanks to everyone, some of the best days I have ever had out riding.

Bring on next year !!!! dance

Ditto guys, I am super stoked with the fun I have had so far and the effort you guys have put into it ( tht includes spaz in organizing the Shed and cheAP TIX) Even though I have totalled myself and cannot ride now, I still had such an awesome day riding with everyone yesterday and it makes up for the fact that im a pleb right not hahaha

So who got what awards!?

Prizes or no prizes, the new friendships along with the recent ones are what made the Shred an event that will go down in history!!!!!

Even though I dislocated my shoulder, I have had and continue to have the best time of my life!!!!!

Not only one up to Jez and Michelle, but a shit yeah to the crew that have made this event one that will never be forgotten!!!!!

Yeh thanks, the Shred was awesome and so was was all the stuff. Stuff rocks.

Mizu Kuma - 17 September 2011 08:36 AM

Prizes or no prizes . . .

True mate, but it’s not so much about the prizes themselves, it’s about the massive effort they went through to get it all together. It wasn’t necessary at all (I’m stoked just to hang out and ride with you guys), but they did it anyway.

For me, besides the awesome time I’ve had with you nutbags, the ‘prize’ is knowing that in years to come, no matter how big the Boardworld Shred gets (and it’s gonna get huge), we were part of the very first one. And that, as they say, is priceless.

Didn’t mean to come across as about prizes just saw a few mention their prize packs and wondered what they were for…

What’s the plan for tomorrow shredders?

blizzard_22 - 17 September 2011 12:42 PM

What’s the plan for tomorrow shredders?

There’ll be quite a few of us riding. Probably up at Merritts, as it’s the most fun at the moment.

so jealous! 36 degrees and raining here…and you lot are having a week of fun!

Hey guys, great time at the shred, thanks to all for all the effort put in and for just being there and all that jazz.

Thanks Chem Storm for supplying a board for me to win (and one to demo prior to winning one).

Yeah!!!! Big thanks to everyone, the best time ever!!! I’ve had so much fun!!

Feel like I’ve known everyone for ten years!

Now to start another countdown for the next shred!!! Wooooo shaka

Today was awesome, even though it turned into the Boardworld Fishing trip!!! LOL