The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowboard helmet headphones?

So as you probably know, Skullcandy offer some headphones that apparently work with helmets (i.e. Giro / Red)

but seeing as I am a poor mofo lol… I can’t afford $80 headphones that have a review of being absolute dog dung.

So I went to our local IT shop and picked up a pair of these bad boys!

$10.

So I ripped the microphone and the head band off and now they look like this:

Lets hope they fit in the helmet good smile

They’ll crash after 30mins!!!!!

Should’ve got the Apple ones!!!!!  LOL

Mizu Kuma - 09 September 2011 08:11 AM

They’ll crash after 30mins!!!!!

Should’ve got the Apple ones!!!!!  LOL

Apple don’t make them like that… Hopefully they last more than 30mins… I think the Skullcandy ones are pretty renown for dieing way too quick…

Let us know how they go. How do you plan on attaching them?

Mini Shred has had a set of Skull Candy’s for three years now. She doesn’t ride with them, but they have travelled far and wide and copped the abuse that only grommets can hand out. I’d recommend them. smile

Mizu LOL

I have used the ones that clip into the ear pad bits in your helmet. It has a mic for phone calls as well.

i would never recommend skullcandy. sound quality is no where what they should be for the price you pay.

and they die fairly quick(well mine have)

deanobruce - 11 September 2011 03:51 PM

i would never recommend skullcandy. sound quality is no where what they should be for the price you pay.

and they die fairly quick(well mine have)

Skullcandy headphones are rubbish. Look the part but they have pathetic sound.

You should just try the sounds of the world around you when your riding. Get in touch with nature ma man.

TJ, make sure you properly duct tape any loose wires/ends so it doesn’t short anything out. =)

Also let us know how it goes.

Hahaha great idea,

I’ve been using a smith helmet with inbuilt Skullcandy earpieces, it lasted me five years and still works alright, but sound quality is pretty poor with little bass. Let us know how this goes!