The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

3CS Quasar Socks

After doing a little soul searching to decide between buying beer or comfy snowboarding socks, a certain admin took pity on my feet and made the decision for me cheese OP here ... https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/2822/P45/

So without further ado….

3CS Quasar Sock Review

I have to say when people told me how important good socks were for snowboarding I thought “Yeah right! Why would I spend 50 bucks on socks!!” But after trying these bad boys out, I’m definitely a convert!

So a little about the socks….. Well I could go on about the technical features, like…...
-  High elastic composition containing polyester, acrylic, nylon and spandex (who doesn’t love a bit of spandex, am I right?!?)
-  Strategically placed multi-density padding
-  Articulated flex zone to reduce wrinkles and pressure sores
-  High-impact heel and toe padding

But really the proof is in the wearing.

Forget the word sock… These things are more like gloves in that they fit your foot and calf so damn well! This especially awesome for me cause I was breaking in some new boots and these socks were not only super comfy but really thin, so after wearing my old explorer socks for two days which were probably three times thicker, switching to these socks felt amazing.

Because they are so elastic, they act like compression wear and help to keep your muscles supported . Suprisingly the thinner material doesn’t equate to less warmth though and they still kept my feet toasty. Also the thinner material seemed to be less abrasive that the thick explorer socks.

The only negative thing I noticed was that they retained sweat a little more than the explorers, but I think that’s just because they are so much thinner and whilst they wicked away the sweat, it just didn’t have far to go and seems to just hang around, and as a consequence my feet did stay a little .. well.. moist compared to the old explorer socks. This was only the only negative but was really only a minor thing as they didn’t feel wet or cold as a result of the moisture..

So all in all, whilst it may seem like alot of money to spend on a pair of socks, like anything else associated with snowboarding, spending a little extra money is well and truly worth it for the improved comfort and muscle support these socks provide.

Big ups to Rider and BW for the socks!!  smile