The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Help with with first snowboard

I like both, will not be disappointed with either board + burton cartel bindings!

Welcome to Boardworld incubus!!!!!

The Crew have steered ya wisely, and you have listened well!!!!! Go straight to the top of ya next lesson!!!!!!  shaka

And hope to see more of ya in the social pages too!!!!!

Thanks.

Quite a bit of sales at some of my local stores, will hopefully get something in the next few days!

The Custom has a sintered base. That’s a significant performance feature over the Carbon Credit.

incubus, I will continue looking for a Custom Flying V 154 tomorrow. Sorry, I didn’t get around to contacting many stores today (or Burton) but it’s number one on my list for tomorrow. Will get back to you soon.

No worries,
I have made a few calls to some local retailers earlier today, seems the custom is a very popular board…

Yeah it is. I’m guessing the 154 will be very hard to track down. I spoke to Burton two days ago regarding a Custom 158. They had no Custom or Custom Flying V 158s, in either 2011 or 2012. All I can say is don’t get your hopes up. The Custom is a board you need to buy at the start of the season if you want it. Anyway, let me see what I can do tomorrow. You never know…

I really like my Custom FV 2011. I reckon it looks a bit more interesting than the 12 too. Hope you can get one. Such a fun and versatile board!

Get the 2012 if you can, I heard the squeezebox technology makes a great difference.

Just got off the phone to Burton. Unfortunately they don’t have any Custom FV (or regular) 154s, in 2011 or 2012. They are getting another shipment due in November, and there should be some 154s in that delivery - if you want to wait. However very unlikely you will get it nearly as discounted as boards are now.

rider26 - 07 September 2011 11:18 PM

Just got off the phone to Burton. Unfortunately they don’t have any Custom FV (or regular) 154s, in 2011 or 2011. They are getting another shipment due in November, and there should be some 154s in that delivery - if you want to wait. However, very unlikely you will get it nearly as discounted as boards are now.

Ya know how I hate pickin ya up on ya mistakes, but….........  LOL

D’oh!  shut eye

Thanks anyways.
I just hit the jackpot!
Managed to find one along with the burton cartel bindings, paid full!

Now the long waiting game begins.

Nice one, incubus! Stoked you found one. The Cartels are great bindings as well. Post some photos when you have your setup.

Will do!