The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Skate Photography Contest 2011 / 2012

Okay, here’s Billy’s nosegrind from yesterday.

Back Nosegrind - Billy Loveder2

You guys are all killing it. So stoked I’m not a judge in these contests.

TITLE: Danny Van, Nosegrab Wallride
TAKEN: 07.01.12

RJ Barbaro
Indy Nosebone out of Extension
Meadow Heights, VIC

TITLE: Ryan Helm, BS Ollie
TAKEN: 07.01.12

Hey Angus, you f***ing kill it man, but your colours on my screen seem way out for some reason? I don’t know if it’s got anything to do with Chrome not supporting ICC colour profiles or whatever, but I just thought I’d let you know. Obviously they aren’t actually like that, so I don’t know what’s happening with my screen, but normally it turns out okay for me so yeah. Just thought I’d let you know dude!

—EDIT—
Photos removed for posting to many

Yesterday on the 14th, Billy Loveder front feeble in Bella Vista.

Front Feeble - Billy Loveder.

Photos of the Week have been posted: https://www.boardworld.com.au/skateboarding/

The next round will include all photos posted on January 7th, onwards.

A reminder about our other current skate contests:

Filming and Editing Contest: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/3566/

Win a Skateboard and Grip Every Month: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/3534/

walker - 14 January 2012 11:02 AM

Hey Angus, you f***ing kill it man, but your colours on my screen seem way out for some reason? I don’t know if it’s got anything to do with Chrome not supporting ICC colour profiles or whatever, but I just thought I’d let you know. Obviously they aren’t actually like that, so I don’t know what’s happening with my screen, but normally it turns out okay for me so yeah. Just thought I’d let you know dude!

Cheers Walker. Stoke your liking my pics. And cheers for the heads up. Shame the colours are off and your not seeing what I am seeing. Next image I have for the comp I will change up a couple of things and see if we can fix it. Cause its safe to say that if its happening on your screen you wouldn’t be the only the one. Colour management in the digital world, all the way from camera to computer to printer can get a little confusing. Its not as simple as red being red and blue being blue.

Keep them B/W back to basic (NO FLASH) Sydney city shots coming. I am digging em’

Finally got a bit of a street session going today, so after I filmed a few tricks, I kindly asked me fellow skaters try again and get some photos!

Levi Jackson Fs Flips the Repco Drains (19/01/12)

Justin Beard Bs Flips the Church Bump (19/01/12)

Jamie Keating
Warm up backside over the dumpster.
Snapped his kingpin on the kicky attempt.
Heidelberg

Dope stuff Aidan! I think the backside flip might be a little to tight on the frame, but otherwise they’re both really nice.

This is one from the other day, the 14th. Tom Slater, back smith, Bella Vista.

Bs Smith Tom

Yeah when I uploaded it I was like hmm maybe I shouldn’t have cropped it that much haha ahh well, cheeers buddy!

ARLS - 19 January 2012 08:56 PM

Jamie Keating
Warm up backside over the dumpster.
Snapped his kingpin on the kicky attempt.
Heidelberg

Sick photo man, what lens did you use? smile