The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Oz Girl ~ Should she be on Boardworld?

Poll: What should we do with Ozgirl?
Total Votes: 90
Leave her alone, she’s RAD
Off with her head Arrrggghhhhh
Tease her about being a skier and patroller relentlessly
Give her a board so she can throw the poles and free the mind.
Make her follow JustGivers example and keep her activity to a minimum.

LOL I can bring up a spare board for ya oz, you can do both!!! Or didn’t rider say he’d get ya one?
I understand, I’ve been skiing since I was young but havent done it in years - went back to the planks last year for a day - couldn’t wait to go back to the board cos I felt soooo much more comfy with my ability riding!

Ah thanks Billy. Rider did say he would hook me up.

But fingers crossed we get the storm of the decade (hell NZ got one or three this season!!) and no one will want to waste time teaching me to board (not cause I don’t want to board but cause it means we get an epic dump of snow!)

We talk some shit, but the Boarding fraternity look after each other, oz!!!!!  shaka

Bring both!!!!! We’ll just use the planks for a bonfire one night when we are on the turps!!!!!  smirk

^^ LOL hahah!

TJswish - 31 August 2011 06:06 AM
ozgirl - 31 August 2011 05:24 AM

Mizu - you really really really want me to put on a board that much that you will babysit me learning to board??? You would be happy for me to slow you down that much?

Have you seen Mizu’s videos? You’ll likely be teaching him…

BWAHAHHAAHAHHAHHAH!!!!!

LOL ...

love this thread!!!! LOL

OG is RAD
Ozgirl, If you don’t give boarding an attempt and love it (or at least pretend to love it) you had better wear your most snowball proof outerwear!
(should a rule be set at the shred re:none-snowboarders must face the boardworld gauntlet ie:getting pelted with snow by all members at every opportunity?)
I think we can determine a solid peking order within our community this way.

finney you need to go faster! If patrol can’t keep up or you pass them before they can get their words out - they can’t yell at ya.
Alternatively - crank up the volume on the headset and ignore them.

I normally spray them in an attempt to gee them up for a game of chase.
^not the voli’s that’s just unfair. When a voli follows me it’s more a game of cat and mouse. (time to re-post OG’s vid)

And here is the vid of my snowboarding… see i can even link my turns!!

I will upload another tonight.

If you got that much OG, all you need to do is bend your legs more and you’ll rip it up (down friday flats maybe smile)

I had an injured hand that I have been physio-ing this season. I was very much on tender hooks that run^^^!!

I refuse to do Friday Flats… I know I can do more. It is just fear. Merrits or bust it will be!!!!

TJswish - 01 September 2011 04:04 AM

all you need to do is bend your legs more

yeah loser fitting pants may help with that!

Hahahaa smile

No tight pants on a snowboard… We ride with steeeeze! shaka

You should see all the Vancouver kids at Whistler on the weekends. Lots of tight pants in that snowboarding bunch.  long face

Oh and my gumby boarding can not be blamed on the board. Apparently I was riding a Rome blue 151 with SP star bindings.

And I must say it did feel like a sweet ride and i wasn’t doing it justice!

rider26 - 01 September 2011 04:38 AM

You should see all the Vancouver kids at Whistler on the weekends. Lots of tight pants in that snowboarding bunch.  long face

Makin ya feel a little old there mate????

The stove pipe gangs are everywhere now!!!!!