The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japan 2011 / 2012

My mate rang me last night, he just came back from spendin xmas with his rents (Sapporo native), he reckons that there is more snow than usual for this time of year!!!!!

Damn you Hokkaido travelers!!!!!  rage

Mizu Kuma - 12 January 2012 07:40 PM

My mate rang me last night, he just came back from spendin xmas with his rents (Sapporo native), he reckons that there is more snow than usual for this time of year!!!!!

Damn you Hokkaido travelers!!!!!  rage

yeah but you want be short of snow either so stop you jibba jabber you fool and get excited less then 3 weeks to go for you ....

Sorry Mr T!!!!!

Is in hakuba!!!! Happo today. Didn’t get here til 2am last night!!!!

Holy crap!!!!! And ya left Melbs at 6:00am!!!!!

Why so long??????

well it will be same for me,

i think u wait 2 or 4 hours where ever is your first stop of before you fly to japan and u arive there at 7 at night and its 6 hours from narita airport to hakuba on bus so that sounds about right.

Why no Shinkansen?????

Mizu Kuma - 13 January 2012 01:19 AM

Why no Shinkansen?????

well you can if you want to but if u go with liquid snow they organise transport for you etc, and also i am not sure if it is the most smartest thing to go with bullet train at 7 at night considering u/i dont know my way around japan.

+

from what i was told you still need to get a bus for another 1 or 2 hours to hakuba once you get off a bullet train.

dunno if i am right but this is what i was told.

Billy - 12 January 2012 11:48 PM

Yay glad to hear you arrived safely, looking forward to your trip reports!

Yeah you are! shaka

rider26 - 13 January 2012 02:27 AM

Yeah you are! shaka

lol do you just quote random posts ? or was that meant to be a reply to quoted post. lol

somehow posted twice same thing

Yeah what lanox said Mizu! Twas in the package. Would much rather get here earlier on train though… Went to Happo today - not the Japan niseko snow I’m used to, but still fun. Happy hour starts in an hour… LOOKOUT!!! wink billy

Billy - 13 January 2012 06:23 AM

Happy hour starts in an hour… LOOKOUT!!! wink billy

haha what’s the odds of you running the town dry before I even arrive! smile

Haha… Just found out the hair dryers here don’t work.. Oh no! I’m going to look like diana Ross for the next week!