The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japan 2011 / 2012

Mizu Kuma - 11 November 2011 10:35 PM

Qantas are arseholes for what they did!!!!!

I’d happily pay more to fly with someone else, until they get rid of that idiot that’s runnin (or should that be ruinin) the show!!!!!

on the contrary. bout time someone told the unions where to go.

And Niseko has snow!!!!!! And I no go!!!!! downer

deanobruce - 14 November 2011 11:21 AM

I’d happily pay more to fly with someone else, until they get rid of that idiot that’s runnin (or should that be ruinin) the show!!!!!

By shittin on their customers?????

drc13 - 14 November 2011 09:34 AM
humdingaling - 11 November 2011 02:53 AM

they would be the same dates cause i used your old post to get the quotes LOL

hmmm extra 5kg luggage each way was 60 bucks i think
i dont know how much you are paying for the packs but add those on too
i never look at those stuff because ...well they are a total rip

still don’t consider it a massive saving but yeah it is slightly discounted

think of it this way…
at least you had the piece of mind to book everything else early so you can secure your them at a cheaper rate?? maybe??

Haha well that would explain the dates smile

Didn’t really end up saving anything by booking early and I’m actually intentionally avoiding looking at any other deals at this stage for fear of seeing a bargain.

Having said that it’s just money and who am I to complain I’m going to Japan to snowboard and I’m getting pretty excited about it!

yeah sick super jealous
gonna miss not boarding in japan during the summer after 2 years straight

Mizu Kuma - 16 November 2011 03:13 AM

takes two to tango

humdingaling - 16 November 2011 03:49 AM
Mizu Kuma - 16 November 2011 03:13 AM

takes two to tango

Yeah, but it only takes one to burn down the dance hall!!!!!

well in this analogy

the unions put fire to the dance hall and Qantas added gasoline

it doesnt matter who started it or who is at “more” fault
end result got nowhere to dance!!!

The Unions just wanted some more room to dance!!!!!

Qantas wanted to let more dancers into the same hall without makin any more room!!!!!

Once the crowd was in the hall, Qantas locked the doors and struck the match!!!!!!

The guy that runs the show was earnin $3,000,000 pa and thought that HE was gettin underpaid, so they boosted his packet up another $2,000,000 to make his meagre pay into a povert $5,000,000!!!!!

I know what the company can no longer sustain, and it’s NOT treatin their work force with some respect, job security/satisfaction and decency!!!!!!

It’s lyin sacks of shit like Alan Joyce, that have absolute disregard for not only their employees but also their customers, that they won’t be able to sustain in the long term!!!!!

dont get me wrong im not arguing for Joyce….. far from it

im just saying both parties at fault..

and bottom line from this fiasco

paying customer (like myself) will not be flying the kangaroo even if/when unions get happy again or if joyce leaves (as he will be prompted replaced by a clone puppet)

In other news liquid tours are offering a daily deal 60% 7 days to Hakuba $1029 per person

Seven nights ensuite accommodation at the luxury Shakespeare Hotel
Six-day slope pass to the three big ski resorts - Happo One, Iwatake and Tsugaike
Hearty hot breakfast daily
Seven day natural hot springs pass for soaking those muscles in the Onsen
Learn to make sushi with a free class and delicious banquet dinner
All airport and ski resorts transfers included
Two hours guided ski tour for intermediate to advanced skiers/snowboarders

http://livingsocial.com/escapes/159505-amazing-japanese-alps-7-day-ski-tour?msdc_id=848

No more posting Japow deals puh-lease… I’ve already paid a shite-load more than I should have! That’s what you get for school holidays/late planning!!!  shut eye 

Hehe just kidding… I can’t wait!! shred

Mizu Kuma - 16 November 2011 04:27 AM

The Unions just wanted some more room to dance!!!!!

Qantas wanted to let more dancers into the same hall without makin any more room!!!!!

Once the crowd was in the hall, Qantas locked the doors and struck the match!!!!!!

The guy that runs the show was earnin $3,000,000 pa and thought that HE was gettin underpaid, so they boosted his packet up another $2,000,000 to make his meagre pay into a povert $5,000,000!!!!!

I know what the company can no longer sustain, and it’s NOT treatin their work force with some respect, job security/satisfaction and decency!!!!!!

It’s lyin sacks of shit like Alan Joyce, that have absolute disregard for not only their employees but also their customers, that they won’t be able to sustain in the long term!!!!!

have you done much research into the whole thing mizu?

you will find that a) the unions were demanding absolute bullsh!t/unbelievable pay conditions
b)Joyce actually gets paid a shit load less than the last ceo
c)i couldnt be bothered typing more lol had a massive discussion/argument on this topic on another forum.

Billy - 16 November 2011 07:42 AM

No more posting Japow deals puh-lease… I’ve already paid a shite-load more than I should have! That’s what you get for school holidays/late planning!!!  shut eye 

Hehe just kidding… I can’t wait!! shred

Haha a big +1 to that! I was sure no cheaper deals would come out during the school holiday period. Not to worry just over 4 more weeks of work then I’m going to soak up as much summer sun as I can for a few weeks then off to Japow!!!

Woot! Are you going with mates drc13?

Billy - 16 November 2011 10:21 AM

Woot! Are you going with mates drc13?

Nope just me doing the trip solo (I’m in the bad books as I picked Japow over a mates Bucks weekend in Melbourne)

How bout you? Traveling with a group?