The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Falls Creek - The Chosen Run

So put this together for you guys, but copare it to an actual map so you can reed the run names.

Basically, the green hilighted areas are where I recommend you ride if there is a fresh fall over night. Over at ruined castle really either side of the chair is good after fresh, but skiers left is more likely to be groomed/park. The areas around powder keg and between Scott chair and Lakeside poma there is heaps of good riding when you get pow. Not gonna tell you my exact little spots unless im riding with you! But just explore those areas.

First place I will prob head after a massive fall would be up summit and work your way from the lift and head skiers left and just keep dropping in all the way along. My fav through there would be the slot and cabbage patch. there is some very challenging terrain between cabage patch and apres vous. Some nice pow runs down internatinal poma.

All those blacks between wishing well and the poma are great, but need a lot more snow. If there was a 30-50cm dump Id go there after a summit run to check how it is. Its all un groomed through that area so can get pretty rough without consistant falls.

Milky Way under the Falls express lift is always a favourite place to cruise when there is fresh snow. Amongst the trees and varied terrain, plenty of lines, always good fun. Neess a bit more cover and fresh snow.

The Bright Blue are some of the better Groomers. Mainstreet is nice and easy blue run, where you can still get some good speed first thing in the moring, and there is enough room to do some big wide turns.

Ruined castle groomers are my fave for just killing it and carving super hard. Father Fosters is a bit steeper but Ruined is a bit wider.

The blue colouring skiers right of summit is prob the biggest steepest groomer. I havent carved it up yet since they have been grooming. Only ridden it this season when Summit chair wasnt open, and it was pow and I had to Hike for it from the top of Scott Chair.

The Pink are your main Home trails. Wombats is the main one that will take you back to the Quay West Village central, dont confuse this with Village Bowl which is where Summit Chair starts. Wombat can be super fun, but also littered in noobs and just people heading to the village.
Last Hoot is a nice Blue run and better option than Wombats as it gets packed. Though Wombat has heaps of fun side hits.

The higher pink trails are the Trail that starts to head to Village Bowl, but you can drop in where signs say Accomidation, and ride your way all the way back to the village (quay west) if you keep heading right. Its really nice because its not only just ski in ski out, it is ski right through the whole village. Really cool to do it the first time.

Hope this info helps. And like I said. I wont give away my pow areas unless im riding it and you can keep up haha wink

Just re posted it so you dont have to go back a page to keep looking at it

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That’s awesome mate!!!!!

Cheers for the lowdown, and the effort!!!!!  shaka

Thanks K2!!

Now all we need is some pow!! The weather models are totally schizophrenic atm smirk

^_^

Forgot to say guys, at all costs, STEER CLEAR OF GULLY CHAIR!! Takes 7mins to go up. Its got to be the slowest lift in Aus. And it only goes like 100m or so. Its quicker to get the helicopter from Hotham to Falls LOL

Can’t be any worse than merrits chair at Thredbo????

Thanks man!!!!!  shaka

Dunno, havent ridden it. This is a free chair and is slow cos all the tourists who dont know how to get on a chair use it to get to the bowl to buy tickets. Its prob not the longest in time in Aus but reckon its the slowest

i got caught out on that one the first time i went to falls. slowest…thing…ever