The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Park gloves for general riding???

i used to get freezing hands and couldnt find gloves warm enough….now i just ride all the time with grenade eddie wall park gloves, the neoprene gets wet but stays very warm

I want like these(not them just thise kind) but my guess is that since they don’t have Gore-Tex they get drenched after 5sec in the snow
I might need to check out some board-shops to see what they have and to try them on cause I don’t want to buy them online, I really want to try them firts

I’ve worn park gloves in aus with no issues, POW Villain which are rated for -5 to +7, even wore them comfortably at -20 in whistler but my hands do generally get pretty warm so that probably explains why I was so comfortable in them (most chairs i’d generally have gloves off as soon as it was a little warm on the hill (-5 raspberry). I’ve got mates who also wore park gloves a lot of the time aswell (POW) and they said they were very comfortable wearing them in aus all season.

End of the day as Jeremy said it just comes down to whether your hands get warm easily as soon as you’ve got gloves on.

Another thing to also take into account is whther your jacket has gators as this definitely keeps your hands warmer and allows you to wear a thinner glove with less insulation.