The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Adventures in Africa

In America we have a similar ‘problem’ with promiscuity but not the STDs that are associated with it - STDs exist of course, but they are not like they are in Africa.
It is interesting how they publicly admit this is going on. America would never publicly admit it. I dont think.
Of course it is going on - it does everywhere.

kaff - 25 July 2009 04:48 AM

I did the soft power education volunteering for a day painting a local school about 2 years ago when I was on tour. We camped at Bujagali for a few days while we were there. 

did you see this just out the camp grounds in the village ??

where are you headed in kenya to see animals? which parks?

safe travels.

That’s so funny that you put that photo up, Chibby, who was our organizer for painting is the owner of that store. Your reasoning for the aviod morning sex africa is close, the reason they have that is “avoid morning sex africa, get to work”, they say that instead of having sex in the morning get up and go to work to earn money instead.

Did you like working for soft power, it looks like you stayed in the same place that I did except we stayed at the black lantern instead of the campsite. I loved it there working and painting. Did you happen to go rafting? It was the best experience, slightly terrifying at times.

I am now in Madrid, back from Kenya. We went to the Masai Mara as well as Lake Nakuru, and saw so many types of animals including the big 5. Did you go to any of the parks? or venture to Kenya?

Just Giver - 26 July 2009 12:26 PM

I did the soft power education volunteering for a day painting a local school about 2 years ago when I was on tour. We camped at Bujagali for a few days while we were there. 

safe travels.

That’s so funny that you put that photo up, Chibby, who was our organizer for painting is the owner of that store. Your reasoning for the aviod morning sex africa is close, the reason they have that is “avoid morning sex africa, get to work”, they say that instead of having sex in the morning get up and go to work to earn money instead.

Did you like working for soft power, it looks like you stayed in the same place that I did except we stayed at the black lantern instead of the campsite. I loved it there working and painting. Did you happen to go rafting? It was the best experience, slightly terrifying at times.

I am now in Madrid, back from Kenya. We went to the Masai Mara as well as Lake Nakuru, and saw so many types of animals including the big 5. Did you go to any of the parks? or venture to Kenya?

working for soft power was heaps of fun even if i did suck at painting. Rafting was totally crazy and did you end up buying a dvd from the rafting guys?

I was in kenya and Uganda for 3 weeks. How many of the big 5 did you end up seeing over there ??

if you are bored check out my album on photobucket.

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll207/kaffywaffy/africa/

kaff - 26 July 2009 10:32 PM
Just Giver - 26 July 2009 12:26 PM

safe travels.

working for soft power was heaps of fun even if i did suck at painting. Rafting was totally crazy and did you end up buying a dvd from the rafting guys?

I was in kenya and Uganda for 3 weeks. How many of the big 5 did you end up seeing over there ??

if you are bored check out my album on photobucket.

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll207/kaffywaffy/africa/

I will definitely look at your photos and when I have mine up I’ll send you the link.. I did buy the rafting video since ours was so funny. On the Bujagali falls i was the only one to stay in the raft including our guide, everyone else was knocked off. It was so much fun though.

In terms of the big 5 we saw 3 leopards, like 30 or more lions, about 10 or so rhinos, tons of elephants and lots and lots of buffalo. We got really luck with the leopards since most people don’t get to see them at all.

Where abouts were you in Kenya and did you notice how much more expensive things were in Kenya???