The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Bind me up

sup shredders!
Like many others i am looking for new bindings. I have heard from Dan that he rides and really like his Cartels. But not sure this will suite my riding style. I like the idea of have good response from a solid Binding. But i like a bit of flexability so i can really tweek my grabs and have some fun. I’ll be needing Burton Bindings with EST.

any advice please?

mate, not trying to be rude but the thread above and below your post are both about bindings, try searching first. im sure there are heaps of topics about burton est bindings

Gonna plug FLUX binders again!!!! (I sound like I own the company!!!!)

The DS 45’s sound like they were made for ya Josh!!!!

Responsive nylon base with urethane asymmetrical highbacks that can be swapped to give a whole new feel!!!!

They also make a disc that compatible with the channel!!!!

The Burton customs seem to be suggested a lot?

Hey Josh,

If you want EST bindings and given your requirements (high performance / versatile flex), I’d suggest the Cartel ESTs. They aren’t too stiff or soft, they are very comfortable, and have good features. You really can’t go wrong with them.

Just a note, you can still fit non-EST bindings to a Burton Channel board.

Let me know if you have any questions. smile

deanobruce - 13 July 2011 05:06 AM

mate, not trying to be rude but the thread above and below your post are both about bindings, try searching first. im sure there are heaps of topics about burton est bindings

To be honest, our search feature isn’t very functional at the moment. We will be building more functionality into the search feature soon. At the moment it works, but it comes up with a lot of irrelevant threads. This will be fixed.

I’m also quite happy for members to ask their individual questions in new threads. I know there’s a lot of similar information in other threads but each person is unique and has different questions. I appreciate what you’re saying though, Deano. wink

Both Products and Members change at a fast rate also, so I think that even if there are similar threads about, it does keep the opinions fresh!!!! (Well, except for me pluggin FLUX that is!!!!!)

It also has a personal feel to the feedback for the op, rather than them highjackin someone elses thread!!!!

If you want EST have a look at the Malavita, stiff base plate with a comfy high back. Also the ankle straps are designed for freestyle/park, so movability for boning, but support for pressing.
Flux DS45 like mizu mentioned are awesome bindings and you can get a adaptor plate to fit 3D and channel boards.

Hey Josh,

Did you end up getting a Custom V-rocker?

Malavitas are a very good suggestion too. Asymmetrical strap for pressing and tweaks. I tested them a couple of years ago and they were excellent, very comfy too.

actually malavitas are softer than cartels in the baseplate (11% short glass/nylon composite vs 30% in cartels), yet both are rated 7 on the burton stiffness scale.
Prophecy’s are a bit softer aka more freestyle. they’re 11% short glass like the malavitas yet rated a 6.

Don’t limit yourself to est bindings - burton bindings with the re:flex system do the same thing, and can be used on non-channel boards. re:flex bindings include co2’s and prophecy’s, and also a limited late release cartel.

If you want to save some cash, look at the cobrasharks. A really good binding for a fraction of the prophecy price. I spent a day on them and thought they were ok.

Lastly, don’t feel like you can’t tweak out cartels! Travis Rice rides cartels…...
I have the malavitas and the cartel re:flex’s and they ride about the same, but the re:flex system gives me more board flex feedback (not that it does much)

rider26 - 13 July 2011 07:55 AM

I appreciate what you’re saying though, Deano. wink

Oh ok fair enough, just any other forum im on, if some new person comes in and just asks stuff that has been covered a thousand times without searching they get flammed hard.

deanobruce - 13 July 2011 10:13 PM
rider26 - 13 July 2011 07:55 AM

I appreciate what you’re saying though, Deano. wink

Oh ok fair enough, just any other forum im on, if some new person comes in and just asks stuff that has been covered a thousand times without searching they get flammed hard.

And that’s what makes Boardworld the Best!!!!!

God, we are so damn F#$%in friendly around here!!!!!

that Deano is such a bastard though! Watch out for him! (he doesn’t even detune his snowboard!)

Gamblor - 14 July 2011 02:35 AM

that Deano is such a bastard though! Watch out for him! (he doesn’t even detune his snowboard!)

Yeah like that Gamblor character!!!!! Sheesh, huh, wtf is goin on with him?????

Really? That Gamblor bloke is one of the most stand-up guys I have ever met on the internets. He always has a kind word for me!

LOL