The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Mark Webber wins first F1 race

Did anyone watch the race?

A great milestone for Mark and also Australia. It is the first time an Australian has won a Formula 1 race since 1981.

They are replaying the race tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Yeah i saw it!! Congrats to Mark.

After 8 long years he lands a poll and a win. Big ups for sure!

Lets see if he can keep it up hey! smile

Man i have not watched f1 for ages other than news highlights. It all got kinda boring with the same inevitable teams always placing first. It seems much closer now and anyone can have it good when it all falls into place for them. Go webber!! Is it true ferrari is pulling out?

I don’t usually watch the F1 either. I love the MotoGP and find it much more entertaining. It just happened to be on while I was working on the computer so I left it on. Het started well but got pulled in for a drive through penalty. I thought that was the end of his race, but he drove like a champ and got the win. Big win for Mark and Australia. He was so stoked after the race.

Not sure what’s happening with Ferrari. Last I heard they were threatening to pull out over how much money they are allowed to spend on their F1 team. The F1 is placing a cap on the amount of money teams can spend.

Yeah it was an awesome race!! Go weber! I watched it on Sunday and again had it playing tonight. Weber is in great form this season (and so is the team).
Re ferrari pulling out - it wont happen its just threats. Several teams have threatened to leave and start their own comp becasue they’re unhappy with FIAs rule changes. But it wont happen.

Was awesome to see Webber put a win on the board. Lets hope the form continues, would be awesome to see him win the championship, would be awesome if he was in the top 3 even!

haha it was awesome wasn’t it - did anyone else hear when they crossed to the driver’s radio after the race? man it was just raw pent-up emotion all just being released finally, and you couldn’t help but feel uplifted just because you knew how much it meant for him to finally get there…almost brings a tear to the eye smile

Yeah I heard it… he was so stoked! and rightly so. It’s so good to hear emotion like that when athletes are so passionate about what they’re doing.

Anyone watch the qualifying in Brazil?? Very exciting. Hulkenberg gets his first pole position in variable weather, over a second quicker than 2nd place!! And Webber is 3rd, ahead of Alonso, and a very good chance to close the gap in the world championship in what is the 2nd last race of the year. Will be an exciting race tomorrow. Go Webber!!