The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Advice???

Oh, ya beat me again!!!!

In a nutshell, ‘forgiving’ means you have more room for error. They are less responsive (i.e. takes larger body movements to transfer energy to the snowboard).

Also, I’ve kind of had second thoughts on going with the skate banana because I’ve been told its absolutely terrible to carve with, so I’m just wondering, what would your choice be if your looking for a good carving, stable board aswell as used for park??

bliss - 14 July 2011 11:31 AM

Also, I’ve kind of had second thoughts on going with the skate banana because I’ve been told its absolutely terrible to carve with, so I’m just wondering, what would your choice be if your looking for a good carving, stable board aswell as used for park??

You are asking for 2 different boards… its like asking which knife should I buy to butter bread and cut my steak?

tjswish - 14 July 2011 01:03 PM

You are asking for 2 different boards… its like asking which knife should I buy to butter bread and cut my steak?

Haha yeah I saw that coming, worth a try asking but, better knowing than sitting there wondering, thanks but.

If ya likin the Lib Tech range, The T-Rice!!!!! Easy!!!!!  shaka

T-Rice is gnarl stiff though. YES with the camrock is good like the basic or tasmaniac. The basic is almost flat between the feet rocker nose and tail. The tasmaniac is camber between the feet and rocker nose and tail, asym heel cut and carbon stills for “pop”.
Capital Black snowboard of death, which is a more freeride specific board in their range. Camber between feet rocker nose and tail. Total f*@$in awesome is a softer version of pervious said board.
Rome agent rocker which has rocker between the feet, camber under foot. Impact plate, pop rock stringers and quick grip side cut. The postermania which is flat between the feet with rocker nose and tail, impact plates, pop rock stringers and quick grip side cut.

The T.Rice is stiff when you first buy it. After around 20 days it softens up to about a medium stiff. I demoed the Capita BSOD and is stiffer than the T.Rice in my opinion, great board for going fast and carving (but then my Rice is 153 and BSOD is 156).

I know the view on Rossignol but the Rossi One Magtek is really great. Same rocker story as the YES, camber between the feet and rocker tip and tail. Soft nose and tail and stiff in the middle. You should demo one if you can.

The BSOD is pretty nice I have to say

bliss - 14 July 2011 10:54 PM

Being in IT, all I see is the Blue Screen of Death… Damn you CAPITAHHHHH!

wrong.

A park board doesn’t have to be all soft - it’s all up to user preference. There are loads of mid-stiff freestyle boards out there and they carve fine. Looking at Capita alone you have the bsod, tfa, stairmaster extreme, mid life.

Also, the capita TFA is stiffer than the BSOD (even though they are rated the opposite in the catalogue)

If you want a board like you mentioned, then get something cambered or, with a little rocker on the tips. Lib’s C2 or Burton’s flying v can work too, but not as well.

tjswish - 14 July 2011 11:51 PM
bliss - 14 July 2011 10:54 PM

Being in IT, all I see is the Blue Screen of Death… Damn you CAPITAHHHHH!

Get a Mac then????  tongue wink

There are so many boards on the market which meet those requirements. I’d go as far as saying every brand would have a least one board that carves well and performs in the park. For carving, ideally you want camber somewhere on the board, like Gamblor mentioned. It’s important to understand how camber profiles and board flex determines how the board rides. The first step should be deciding which camber profile you want - full camber, full rocker, or a hybrid. All have advantages and disadvantages for certain aspects of riding. Once you know which board characteristics are most important to you, then you can decide which brand and models meets those requirements and which board you’re most stoked on.

So I guess the question is, do you understand how camber profiles and board flex determines the way your board rides? It sounds like you want something versatile.

Gamblor - 15 July 2011 01:38 AM

wrong.

A park board doesn’t have to be all soft - it’s all up to user preference. There are loads of mid-stiff freestyle boards out there and they carve fine. Looking at Capita alone you have the bsod, tfa, stairmaster extreme, mid life.

Also, the capita TFA is stiffer than the BSOD (even though they are rated the opposite in the catalogue)

If you want a board like you mentioned, then get something cambered or, with a little rocker on the tips. Lib’s C2 or Burton’s flying v can work too, but not as well.

You can butter bread with a steak knife… Doesn’t mean you should…

not quite the correct analogy there