The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Advice???

Hey, now that ya mention it, I can’t ride like Terje either!!!! Hmmmm….... I wonder what type of stomp pad he uses????

@mizu: The factory detune seems pretty sharp to me hahah. Sometimes if the edges too sharp, the mag kicks in at random times.

The de-tune is only in the nose and tail, skip!!!! They reckon that the magne-traction can actually still work if its not sharp!!!! I still like sharp effective edges, so I don’t think that I’ll try them de-tuned!!!!

Depends on my board, but I will detune the monkeys butt of a board if its for smashing around on. Don’t need the edge in that case. If it’s for more serious mountain riding, (which still isn’t that serious) I will prefer a sharper effective edge.

Flux:- SF45
    - DS45
    - TT30

Which one guys?

DS45. Better binding, more responsive. I have a set and they are great.

The SF45 will be the MOST responsive, the DS45 has a stiff base with a flexible high back, and the TT30 has a softer base than both the DS and SF with a slightly stiffer highback than the DS45!!!!

As you are coupling it with the skate banana, and your original post was asking for a responsive yet comfortable binder, I would say the DS45 would be the best option as I am guessing that you will be spending the majority of ya time in and around the park, or on natural hits as opposed to bombin the steeps and groomers!!!!

If you are really after a truly responsive binding then step up to the SF45!!!!

(Wait for more opinions as they may differ to mine!!!!)

Sounds good smile

Woops, didn’t see the SF45s in there. I would still go for the DS45s though.

rider26 - 14 July 2011 04:12 AM

Woops, didn’t see the SF45s in there.

Lucky I’m around to keep an eye on things!!!!!  hmmm

Well yes, I’ve decided to go into more park over mountain and groomer, but it would be awesome if one of the bindings I mentioned above would be versitile enough to also just be chucked onto a board that I can bomb mountains on aswell as rip at the park.

By the way, could you give me a quick low down on the whole stiff backs. flexible highbacks, soft bases and stiffer bases. Im a bit of a newbie with the whole binding thing haha.

bliss - 14 July 2011 04:27 AM

Well yes, I’ve decided to go into more park over mountain and groomer, but it would be awesome if one of the bindings I mentioned above would be versitile enough to also just be chucked onto a board that I can bomb mountains on aswell as rip at the park.

By the way, could you give me a quick low down on the whole stiff backs. flexible highbacks, soft bases and stiffer bases. Im a bit of a newbie with the whole binding thing haha.

believe or not, any binding is fine for park AND bombing mountains

The DS45s are definitely versatile. Trust me, you will have no problems bombing lines or riding park.

Stiff baseplates give you response under your feet. Soft baseplates are forgiving but not responsive. Flexible highbacks give you mobility while stiff highbacks give you increased response.

what do you mean by forgiving?

As a general rule, the best way to think about it, is the “stiffer” it is, the more responsive it is!!!!!

But you will lose the softer forgiveness if you make an error, or the flexibility to tweak your moves!!!!!

This goes not only for bindings, but for your boots and boards also!!!!!

That’s why the DS45 will be a great semi all-rounder due to its stiff and responsive base that gives heel to toe edge control, yet the flexibility of a urethane highback to tweak out your steeze in the park!!!!!