The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Spotted a special - Post it in here!

fast eddie - 18 July 2011 05:44 AM
tjswish - 18 July 2011 04:31 AM

I need some headphones for my helmet… any suggestions?

my suggestion to you mate is skull candy….. I have a set and love em

Sweet! Are there ones with just the ear pieces so I don’t have to lug around the band that goes around the head?

I have both dude and like em… Some shops have tester’s in store so you can have a “try before you buy” test!

spotted this today
http://sidelines.com.au/deal
surf/skate/snow type stuff (mostly skate by the look of things)
similar setup to whiskey militia of the states without the brand restrictions LOL
or 1-day.com.au deal even

not sure how much of a bargain it is after you include postage

http://www.sidelines.com.au/deal/uywerc?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150201480446379_17180591_10150231223596379#f37942fd94
one of the better ones i saw.
49+5 postage..54 bucks for a pair of IS isn’t too bad

worth a look in every now and then

tjswish - 18 July 2011 06:33 AM
fast eddie - 18 July 2011 05:44 AM
tjswish - 18 July 2011 04:31 AM

I need some headphones for my helmet… any suggestions?

my suggestion to you mate is skull candy….. I have a set and love em

Sweet! Are there ones with just the ear pieces so I don’t have to lug around the band that goes around the head?

Skullcandy have ear pieces that fit inside the earmuffs on your helmet.  I think they have different ones for each brand, all I know is I bought Giro ones for my Giro helmet…

That said at $70 or whatever it was they’re friggen exxy.  Yes it’s awesome to have tunes playing in the background (especially when riding alone), but on these earphones the bass is crap (had to turn it up big time on the player) and they appear to be cheaply made.  They’re not waterproof either, and neither are the helmet earmuffs (they get damp on a snowy day), so I’ve wrapped the earphones in glad wrap.  It’s not ideal but it should work…  So it’s good to have the tunes but quite disappointing for the price.

^^ if thats the case, then I can get cheap logitechs for $20 that will have better base etc…

Might have to do some digging from our suppliers for some good sennheisers or something.

skull candy are pathetic at sound quality. bass sucks and the treble is..well terrible. i got a pair simply for riding and i dont care if they get smashed/broken.

get them if you dont really care about sound quality or you like the look of them i guess.

Do logitech have a product that you can slide into the pockets of your helmet’s earmuffs?  Are there any other options for a pair of earpieces that do fit into a helment other than Skullcandy?

I’m not into the headphones-over-the-beanie thing for boarding, mostly ‘cos I wear a helmet, but I’ve found it hard to find much else when searching online…

^^ If I find some, I will let you all know smile

What model are you referring to Deanobruce? Skullcandy, after all is a brand that carry many models. The ti skullcandy I have are the best sounding headphones I’ve ever owned - not to mention one of the clearest base experiences I’ve had.

And I have owned some high quality products over the years.

Mind you the build quality of skullcandy aren’t the toughest.

(Glad wrap is a great waterproofer)

I’ve rigged up a few headphones to fit my helmet. It’s not hard but means destroying the headmount on your cans.

Special: everything at Costco! Lol nah really hey are selling under armor heat gear loose fitting tee’s for $19.99 and heat gear shorts for $24.99

spaz - 29 July 2011 10:21 PM

What model are you referring to Deanobruce? Skullcandy, after all is a brand that carry many models. The ti skullcandy I have are the best sounding headphones I’ve ever owned - not to mention one of the clearest base experiences I’ve had.

And I have owned some high quality products over the years.

Mind you the build quality of skullcandy aren’t the toughest.

(Glad wrap is a great waterproofer)

every single pair i have ever tried on of them(about 5 different models), ranging from my el cheapo $39 pair to the $249 roc nation big f*#kers.

Got some Aerial7’s, Sumo Buds (I think that’s what they are called???) so far so good!!!!!

whiskey militia have contour HD cameras for 40% off at the moment if anyone is interested.

One Track Mind in Crowsnest has 30-70% off everything in store.

Though that generally means that 95% of stuff has 30% off and is still friggen expensive lol.