The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

triple j hottest 100 of all time

anyone else listening to it over the weekend?

its been pretty good so far….up to about number 25 atm

Ive just tuned in now, being in the US right now its late here, but i wanna hear the no 1 song!

I hope its not a repeat of the last one 10 years ago with smells like teen spirit (as much as i love that song!) id like to see radiohead or jeff buckley take poll position!

Yeah im not convinced with nirvana getting it, jeff buckley was number 3, radiohead at 5 and rage against the machine at 2. Was a pretty good top 20 though, i voted for 4 or 5 of them.

Overall pretty good selection, smells like teen spirit again :S Would have been happier to see something that isn’t predicted

A list obviously for Gen X!

zhenjie - 12 July 2009 01:01 PM

A list obviously for Gen X!

Well it was a music poll -  I guess Gen X’ers (of which I am one) would have voted the most perhaps?
Mind you there are some songs in the list that are older then Gen X…..A few Beatles songs in there….
Would be interesting to see the demographic spread of the voters.

im devastated that none of my voted song made top 10.
i woulda though Calvin Harris, The Kooks or Bliss n eso woulda been in there somewhere

are you serious? calvin harris!!!! wink

golfpunklegend - 14 July 2009 05:55 AM

im devastated that none of my voted song made top 10.
i woulda though Calvin Harris, The Kooks or Bliss n eso woulda been in there somewhere

I too am a gen xer. Ive never heard of Calvin Harris?? Hilltop hoods trumped Bliss and Eso, and The Kooks?? I cant see them ever getting an entry in the hottest 100 of all time…..

I think the hottest 100 is all time is about the 90’s grunge rock era, as most of us would know by who got number 1 smile

hehehe well Triple J tends to appeal to those type of people….grungry, shower-once-a-week, oily haired people wink

I am sure if Vega FM (or TripleM, etc) had a poll for the greatest song of all time, it would be a *completely* different result.

Yeah thats right, how about the top 100 chisel songs of all time, but with pink in   there as well, cause she is so core!

Kort and Banger, I think triple J filters the crap outta music, unlike nova, today fm, triple m etc etc

They are there for the music, not the money. Take a look at Merrick and Rosso. They used to do the J’s breakie show back in the day, now they have just sold out working nova.

The J’s stay true to what comes first.. Music dude!

Hilltop hoods deserved a spot in there for sure.
I think i was expecting some new entries but i overlooked how it was “all time” hottest 100.
I still think calvin harris is amazing.
Surferguy, calvin harris does chill techno songs etc a few good dance beats, i highly recommend youtubing him or something

surferguy56 - 15 July 2009 01:34 AM

Kort and Banger, I think triple J filters the crap outta music, unlike nova, today fm, triple m etc etc

They are there for the music, not the money. Take a look at Merrick and Rosso. They used to do the J’s breakie show back in the day, now they have just sold out working nova.

The J’s stay true to what comes first.. Music dude!

I rarely listen to the radio nowadays at all- I don’t seem to be able to relate to any station. I think they’re all rubbish grin

Re: Merrick and Rosso, what do you mean “sold out”? I don’t see anything wrong with them (or anyone else) going to another station for more $$ - if you got talent, your employer should pay for it. Its called progression. Stay where you are doing the same old thing and you get left behind.

Yeah i agree to certain extant. Buuuuttt JJJ have announcers that have been there for years and staying true to what they believe in. I guess it comes down to what you love more, the music or the money….

Progression doesn’t have to be about the $$$ after all wink

Well I think as long as they (Merrick and Rosso) feel they have enough freedom to pick and choose what they say/play its all good grin
Personally I am always up for learning new things (and effecetively new skills). I could never do the same job doing the same thing for years and years - I would go completely nuts.