The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

ufc 100

Any UFC fans around here? Big weekend for MMA with event number 100 coming up. Should be a cracker of a card as well.

Got a lot of time for both Bisping and Henderson as fighters, but i think Bispings strking is that notch above Hendersons and it will hopefully make the difference.

I think Georges St Pierre will dominate Alves - GSP is just all class and Alves, although awesome power, just wont be able to match the finesse of the Canadian.

The heavyweight fight is also hard to call - the man mountain in Lesnar or the experience and talent of Mir. Lesnar proved that he can handle top level wrestlers when he demolished Coutre, but Mir is a BJJ expert - which poses distinct difficulties for someone whom sits on their opponents. Will be a real interesting fight thats for sure

Where can I watch the Brock Lesnar fight? He is a machine and if you think someone can beat him I would like to watch that.

Henderson V Bisping - Henderson has destroyed people in Prides ‘tournament’ nights, where a fighter must fight twice in a night. He held his own as the Welterweight title holder in Pride, a league far more advanced and rough than the UFC (spawned the likes of Mirko Crocop and Wanderlei Silva). Bisping is a great kickboxer and has great strikes , but will be easily overcome by Henderson due to Dans experience, superior ground game and FAR better chin.

GSP v Al

.... watch tiago’s last fight. nuff said. I’m canadian, have fought MMA for 4 years and been involved with Karate (trained til 1st deg. Black) my entire life. I love the sport and canadian fighters…I want to say Georges will win but unfortunately GSP will be overwelmed by this “pit bull” of a fighter. GSP is just another notch on this guys rise to fame. I don’t know why I say this, GSP is an unreal fighter, I’ve seen him in clinics back here and its like.. inhuman how he moves and strikes… i just feel thiago is the next best thing…

Lesner v Mir

Frank Mir is over the hill. So far over it if he looked over his shoulders it’d be flatter than the great planes of Saskatchewan. This guy is a talker, an excellent wrestler and has some of the slowest hands in stand up youll ever see. Brock Lesner is a daemon, set to take out anything in his way. He will hold the title for many fights after this, and will completely stomp Mir into the ground.

My predictions are always super confident, as theres no other way to be in my opinion. While all the fighters on thsi card are amazing, and the fights could go either way, these predictions represent the extreme of my opinions. Going to be a greattt fight night to watch, whatever the outcomes.

Shredlife - 11 July 2009 01:36 AM

Henderson V Bisping - Henderson has destroyed people in Prides ‘tournament’ nights, where a fighter must fight twice in a night. He held his own as the Welterweight title holder in Pride, a league far more advanced and rough than the UFC (spawned the likes of Mirko Crocop and Wanderlei Silva). Bisping is a great kickboxer and has great strikes , but will be easily overcome by Henderson due to Dans experience, superior ground game and FAR better chin.

GSP v Al

.... watch tiago’s last fight. nuff said. I’m canadian, have fought MMA for 4 years and been involved with Karate (trained til 1st deg. Black) my entire life. I love the sport and canadian fighters…I want to say Georges will win but unfortunately GSP will be overwelmed by this “pit bull” of a fighter. GSP is just another notch on this guys rise to fame. I don’t know why I say this, GSP is an unreal fighter, I’ve seen him in clinics back here and its like.. inhuman how he moves and strikes… i just feel thiago is the next best thing…

Lesner v Mir

Frank Mir is over the hill. So far over it if he looked over his shoulders it’d be flatter than the great planes of Saskatchewan. This guy is a talker, an excellent wrestler and has some of the slowest hands in stand up youll ever see. Brock Lesner is a daemon, set to take out anything in his way. He will hold the title for many fights after this, and will completely stomp Mir into the ground.

My predictions are always super confident, as theres no other way to be in my opinion. While all the fighters on thsi card are amazing, and the fights could go either way, these predictions represent the extreme of my opinions. Going to be a greattt fight night to watch, whatever the outcomes.

haven’t seen it yet - so please don’t post the results

i wouldn’t discount bisping’s ground game. He might not be in the same league as henderson in regards to straight up wrestling, but he has an accomplished submissions game. I also think bisping is a much more intelligent fighter then most give him credit for. He develops a game plan and sticks to them in order to negate his opponents strengths and maximise his - look at his fight against Chris leben.

u r right - on both points - GSP is a freak and alves is an animal - but i think GSPs superior skills will see him through. His ground game is amazing, and it would not suprise me to see him utilise this more againt alves whom is a powerful striker. Everytime i see alves leg kick someone it makes me whince in pain.

i don’t think lesnar will stomp mir into the ground - in the past mir may have been all talk but he reversed that in his last fight againts Noeriaga. His striking was significantly impoved and so was his conditioning. So i reckon he will be able to defeat lesnar