The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The ASHES ARE STARTING :D!!!!

Yeah…I’m a little pumped…

I gather no one else on here is a huge cricket fan so sorry for the outburst…but I’m a little excited right now…

Come on Aussies :D

Pom’s won the toss, but hopefully its the last thing they win in the next few weeks raspberry

I’m off to watch now, so you won’t get any more outbursts like this…until we get a wicket…:)

bangabain - 08 July 2009 09:40 AM

Yeah…I’m a little pumped…

I gather no one else on here is a huge cricket fan so sorry for the outburst…but I’m a little excited right now…

Come on Aussies :D

Pom’s won the toss, but hopefully its the last thing they win in the next few weeks raspberry

I’m off to watch now, so you won’t get any more outbursts like this…until we get a wicket…:)

I love the cricket smile I have it on as well! grin

cricket stats are kinda my thing (the nerd inside of me!)

haha frikin awesome kort do you play yourself or just stats?

I remember spending at least a day at the end of last season analysing all my own stats haha…so I share your statistics passion raspberry

anyway back at the end of the first session raspberry my tv with sbs and my internet for some reason don’t like being in the same room together…*rolls eyes*

We have an Englishman on the forums!

*couch cough* Aidy.

I look forward to his silly commentry… wink

YEAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 FOR!!!

What a catch by Hussey :D!

just finished my lap around the house…:)

back to it raspberry

bangabain - 08 July 2009 09:53 AM

haha frikin awesome kort do you play yourself or just stats?

I remember spending at least a day at the end of last season analysing all my own stats haha…so I share your statistics passion raspberry

I haven’t played since 1998/99 - I headed off to Whistler for the season and found I preferred snowboarding in the Northern hemisphere when the Oz cricket season was on grin

I actually used to play a half decent level - played junior rep and colts cricket with & against a number of current and past international players like Shane & Brett Lee, Stephen Fleming (ex-NZ captain), Phil Jacques, plus alot of guys who played at Sheffield Shield level (Corey Richards, Jason Arnberger, etc).  Its interesting to see who has “made it” and who is reading snowboarding threads grin hehhehehe

I do love my cricket stats which I blame on my parents. At Easter, rather then getting chocolate eggs, they gave me cricket books because they didn’t like me eating chocolate grin

Love the cricket!!!!!

Can’t talk cricket is on.

3 down - I would have taken that at the start of the morning if it was offered. Pitch looks a bit slower then I thought. Thought it was going to be a real belter for the batsman! Then again, Cook, Strauss and Bopara all got out to poor shot selection! smile

haha i went and grabbed the laptop and the 15m ethernet cable so i could watch the cricket and be on here raspberry

3 for YEWWW!!! terrible shot from bopara haha great fun raspberry

kort awesome to hear about your earlier days raspberry I am kind of in the early stages of that at the moment - played under 17 state a couple of years ago and there are a few players i played with in that and at club level that have played in Australian under-age squads and 2nd XI games that I think will be taking the next few steps in the next couple of years…

and hopefully (only hopefully now as opposed to definitely - due to a changing in situation during this week raspberry) I will still be going to canada at the end of the year and only playing a couple of early season games, but I am also hoping to play cricket in Canada (ie stay on a bit longer somewhere) once the snow season has finished…if i do go…

And if I don’t it will be because I have been accepted into an internship at SACA and I will then concentrate on cricket for the summer and then hopefully do honours or head up for a season here next year, then canada at the end of next year…

So in all lots of plans that depend on a number of things to unfold…as many plans do smile

now its lunchbreak in the cricket…so food time for me obviously raspberry

Best of luck with the Canada gig! You could do a John Davison and play for them in the future perhaps smile
Snowboarding in winter and cricket in summer would be a nice combination!
When I was in the u/17 and u/19, I dreamed of playing Shield and Test cricket. When I missed out on the state u/17 and u/19 teams I realised I was not quite at the level required - I found snowboarding instead which I prefer to fielding for 90 overs wink
The SACA position sounds intriguing also!!

haha yeah if i get it it will be good but if i don’t it will be good also…

so either way…and i can see why you might have discovered the greater fun in snowboarding for 7 hours in canada vs standing in the 40* sun for 7 hours in sunny sydney raspberry

tell you what though we need a wicket quicksmart…get that arrogant twat pieterson out…:)

bugger…anyone else stay up til 3am like I am now?

just couldn’t get those last couple of wickets quick enough…where’s warne when you need him raspberry

bangabain - 12 July 2009 05:45 PM

bugger…anyone else stay up til 3am like I am now?

just couldn’t get those last couple of wickets quick enough…where’s warne when you need him raspberry

Disappointed the Aussies couldn’t get all 10 on a 5th day track.
Whilst Hauritz did get 6 for the match, its a worry he wasn’t able to dominate in the Poms’ 2nd innings.

hi everyone, been really busy recently and haven’t been able to follow the ashes, does anyone know the score or anything?

1st: Draw @Cardiff <—Australia couldn’t take last wicket
2nd: England won @ Lord’s
3rd: July 30-August 3 @ Edgbaston
4th: August 7-11 @ Headingley
5th: August 20-24 @ Brit Oval