The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

board size dilemma :( please help!

Hi guys
i’m heading to nz this year (i’ve been skiing my whole life and this is my first time snowboarding) for 2 weeks
and my generous brother is buying me a board as a birthday present!!
He’s a never summer fanatic so i’ll be getting a never summer infinity as well
I’m 5’3 (162cm) and 53kgs, i got 32 lashed ft boots us size 7.

The website used to have 145cm (which is the shortest size for infinity) but i think they are now sold out :(
the shortest one i can find is a 147cm - i was worried if this would be too long for me?
should i just get the 147cm (it’ll be cheaper since it’s last season model) or wait for the 2012 stock and get 145?
any opinions/comments would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance.

cheers

Hey bthewing, welcome to Boardworld!  cool smile

You will be fine on the 147. You’re better off putting that money towards a lift pass. The Infinity is pretty soft so it’s going to be fun and easy to ride. The fact that you’re new to riding also makes the 147 a good option. Why did you think the 147 was too big? Did someone tell you it was?

Either 145 or 147 will be a good board for your weight range. Wouldn’t say its too big at all at 147 and will probably be quire versatile for all mountain to park.

rider26 - 10 June 2011 05:06 AM

Hey bthewing, welcome to Boardworld!  cool smile

You will be fine on the 147. You’re better off putting that money towards a lift pass. The Infinity is pretty soft so it’s going to be fun and easy to ride. The fact that you’re new to riding also makes the 147 a good option. Why did you think the 147 was too big? Did someone tell you it was?

Hi smile yeh someone did tell me it was gonna be too long for me thus harder to control
at least i know i shouldn’t take lessons from him lol
thank you so much for your help! can’t wait to start boarding smile

zhenjie - 11 June 2011 09:56 AM

Either 145 or 147 will be a good board for your weight range. Wouldn’t say its too big at all at 147 and will probably be quire versatile for all mountain to park.

that’s awesome, i’ve put my order thru!! cant wait to get it
thank you so much for your help!!