The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

THERMAL COMPRESSION SKINS, WHO WEARS EM????

Yeah Eastbay.com is where I get mine

A no from me but my sister uses Skins - http://store.skins.net/au/ - and she absolutely swears by them.

rider26 - 05 June 2011 11:03 PM

A no from me but my sister uses Skins - http://store.skins.net/au/ - and she absolutely swears by them.

looks like body armor cool smirk , just needs an XMen logo on the front shaka

That’s funny because my top does kinda have a X-men logo on my chest!

Gamblor mentioned about being fit and not really needing compression wear (re: Mizu surfing a lot). I surf a lot through summer (more than Mizu) and board everyday in winter - Even though I have done very little to stay in shape this year I’m still very fit. The only thing different between me and top end sportsmen are my personal habits. I was pro in a couple of sports when younger (ballet and rugby league).

Compression undergarments are even more important for fit and extremely active people. It’s like saying you don’t need to stretch before exercise because your already flexible. The compression isn’t as much about supporting the muscle physically (it’s does) but the greater benefit is increasing blood flow and keeping the muscle temp ideal- when your muscle is cooling they keep the blood there, when overworked or damaged they push they blood away. Then add the wicking properties to aid your skin’s ability to regulate temps. All this eases fatigue and pain = longer, more comfortable time on the hill.

So, yeah…. you can skimp on this gear if your tougher than you are smart. Buy the latest bling jacket, or shout a round of drinks at the bar (make sure I know when you do wink ) but your jacket will be seen more hanging on a hook at the bar than my old jacket is seen on the hill.

And if I’m still wearing my compression gear in the bar my muscle will be less damaged by the alcohol consumption - true!