The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Crunchie vs Violet Crumble - thoughts?

they really don’t sell crunchie or vc up there? wow…actually i suppose we don’t have hersheys etc here apart from in import stores…

and the whole different markets thing…i’m actually the opposite to you I prefer overall anything with white chocolate, but apart from milkybars there’s nothing chocolate bar wise here that’s white…

really unless you like not much chocolate with a really hard honeycomb inside that gets stuck in your teeth for hours then crunchies or violet crumbles aren’t really for you…

BUT that’s just my personal opinion…many others as evidenced my this thread do enjoy these…and i am not one to judge…

bangabain - 08 July 2009 02:36 PM

they really don’t sell crunchie or vc up there? wow…actually i suppose we don’t have hersheys etc here apart from in import stores…

and the whole different markets thing…i’m actually the opposite to you I prefer overall anything with white chocolate, but apart from milkybars there’s nothing chocolate bar wise here that’s white…

really unless you like not much chocolate with a really hard honeycomb inside that gets stuck in your teeth for hours then crunchies or violet crumbles aren’t really for you…

BUT that’s just my personal opinion…many others as evidenced my this thread do enjoy these…and i am not one to judge…

The get stuck in your teeth thing, reminds me of a Butterfinger bar…
You have those?

As for white chocolate, it can be found here in the US, but it’s not as popular… it’s not hard to find. I think Hersheys has a chocloate bar called a Symphony bar - it’s simply a smoother chocolate like Dove chocolate, but they have a white chocolate version that is at most stores.

And then we have items like this with white chocolate as a base.

oh man those hersheys cookies and cream look amazing haha lucky i’m not hungry or anything…oh wait…

and the butterfinger i have heard of them but what do they actually consist of?

you have probably seen it already but here is the general boring gist of the crunchie

in comparison to the violet crumble

and in further comparison to a boost bar raspberry

butterfinger is peanut butter n chocolate i think.. theyre nice too

I like the pictures Banga!
I’ve not seen the Boost bar.

I love junk food.
that Boost bar looks good.

Do you have Twix?

They come in either caramel or peanut butter, this image is the caramel. all on top of a cookie.

The butterfinger bar’s insides are kinda hard, and sticky, crunchy, and is flavored like peanut butter. Definitely not the consistency of peanut butter.
Bart Simpson the cartoon guy used to be on the advertisements. the candy bar can make crumbs when eating it. It is not shaped like a stick, (like the Boost or Twix) but more like a bar (like a Snickers bar shape).

You can get Butterfinger stix, and balls too. They are hard to find, maybe discontinued. There is a Butterfinger crunch, I’ve not had and there are mini bars too.

Yeah we have Twix, my favourite!

All this is making me hungry!

rider26 - 08 July 2009 03:49 PM

Yeah we have Twix, my favourite!

agreed… twix yumm

haha good to hear you like the pics smile

the boost is kind of like chocolate outside with a layer of caramel, filled with i suppose you would call it mousse with like little rice balls in there…crunchy but smooth at the same time…awesome :D

and we have the caramel twix which i don’t mind too much but i’ve never seen the peanut butter one…sounds like a good concept…:P

as does the butterfinger…anyway given that its 1.30am, and even though i am thoroughly enjoying the cricket, i think i have to head off to bed :(

enjoy your days/nights of chocolate all raspberry

Peanut butter Twix:

it’s a soft PB.
I found an image for a Twix Caramel Latte too - I’ve not seen that before

snowslider - 08 July 2009 03:46 PM

I like the pictures Banga!
Do you have Twix?

I can’t beleive nobody has said Twix yet! They are my all time fav, at work I’m always hitting up the vending machines even though they cost like $2.50 a hit.

One other one I was smashing last time I was in Perisher:

Milo Bars

These things, are quiet frankly the shite! Yes I know they look like it to but just try one!

Oh man, I’d forgotten about the Butterfinger! Best ever. Reeces Pieces come second, but I definitely had a thing for a Butterfinger.

I could be up for a Oz/USA candy swap…

Crunchie all the way, is my 2 cents.

Those milo abrs look so good! I used to eat milo bars but they looked different?