The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

SNOW

Cheers spas. Is that the hilighted route on my map? Or from the otherside

Heading from Selwyn toward Vic (the other side)

Mizu Kuma - 31 May 2011 08:28 AM

Selwyns snow conditions might be pretty crap by the time of the Shred though!!!!!

Yeh, I will only go if conditions are anygood.

Geez, I’m gonna a get a sore butt from this car ride to Thredbo! It’s gonna take forever!! cool grin

I’ll talk to Jen and see if she wants to backtrack to Jindy, see what she says!

Just make sure ya pack plenty of these, Billy!!!!!!

Jindy is the goods Billy, do it LOL best night life, even in the summer months!

Cool shops too!!!!!! Snowboard Heaven!!!!!  cool grin

Mizu Kuma - 31 May 2011 10:30 AM

Just make sure ya pack plenty of these, Billy!!!!!!

Hahaha eeeeeeek!

They ain’t coming! raspberry

blizzard_22 - 31 May 2011 10:31 AM

Jindy is the goods Billy, do it LOL best night life, even in the summer months!

Noice!! Sounds like it may be a plan… Might even go home the back way…

You coming too Blizz?? C’mon! wink

When is your wedding?

Actually it’s still quicker to go home via the Hume from Jindy…. What’s the road like from Thredbo to Khancoban?

Desperately wanna, wedding is in October…! Can’t come quick enough!!

Billy - 31 May 2011 10:41 AM

Actually it’s still quicker to go home via the Hume from Jindy…. What’s the road like from Thredbo to Khancoban?

Depends how much you like driving, how fast your car is and if empty mountain roads take your fancy. Even with a highly tuned engine echoing in the hills, shifting gears and clouds of leaves trailing behind it can still be tiresome.

Thredbo to Khancoban isn’t as bad as Khancoban to Albury. I imagine in spring it would be very pretty. Stop for a picnic somewhere nice.

Yeah, all the bike riders go that route!!!!! They reckon it is pretty nice through spring/summer!!!!!

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 31 May 2011 02:51 AM

You can organise a group, or you can come solo. Have a look through this thread: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/1982/ it outlines all the different options.
If you were planning on the friday-sunday you could fly into melbourne and share the drive up with me. Just an option. At the moment I’m driving solo, but might get some extras inbetween now n then. Though depending on who i go with, I might stay a bit longer or drop in on Selwyn Snofields on the way back through NSW and then some days at Hotham/Falls after that as I’ll be on holidays

Thanks for the offer K2, i’ll keep it in mind!

Yeah, it’d be great to see ya there dude!!!!!  shaka