The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

SNOW

6 hours driving for a day trip ouch! I guess that is the bonus of living in Canberra, easier day trips!

And to think how many people living in Vancouver have never skied/snowboarded. Whistler is a world class resort and only 1.5 hours down the highway, not to mention the Vancouver resorts 10 to 30 mins away. Craziness!

Only takes me about an hour and a half to get to Jindy which is really good.

Plenty of snow on our local mountains today too, looked so nice!

blizzard_22 - 22 June 2011 08:09 AM

Only takes me about an hour and a half to get to Jindy which is really good.

Plenty of snow on our local mountains today too, looked so nice!

I wish!!! If I’m lucky I can get to Mansfield in just under 2h…

Canberra does have something going for it then eh!?

1h 30m to Jindy, 1h 45m to the beach!

Hahaha… depends what you call beach for us!! But 20 mins to bay, longer to surf coast

1h 45m to the beach!!!!!! Hahahahahahaaa!!!!!

Sorry blizz!!!!! Just sounds funny livin on the coast here!!!!! We go to the beach a few times a day in summer!!!!!

We only go once maybe twice each year!!!

I live 30 minutes from the beach and even that is too far!!

Looks like Aus snow season is getting into full swing, poor nz is getting skunked big time though!

its awesome i did use to live only 30 minutes away from jindy but its round about an hour now and 1h 45 minutes from the beach shaka

Worth the 6hr drive - OMG??
I guess few of you realised that I drove (4.5hrs by the way) from Thredbo on Monday. This week I did 20hrs behind the wheel in 72 hrs.

YES IT IS WORTH IT. Are you people crazy? It’s called earning your lines.

hmmm Mizu, Mizu, Mizu….
I would have charged you half the amount The Alpine Hotel is and you live too far from the beach (so do I) to say you live on the coast.

I heard last night was a little warm and everything froze solid overnight so yesterday was the better day, but keep telling yourself what you need to make it work. Snow is like surf - it doesn’t wait.

Oh, I also have a place 30 minutes from Jindy wink
And a place 45min from the beach.
They are just 4.5hrs from each other.

of course its worth it. to be honest i liked the drive, the anticipation kept me awake and alert on the road. the best part for me was when we started heading from jindy up to the snow we would wind down the windows/open the sunroof and blast rage against the machine as loud as we could until we got to the mountain…was one way to amp ourselves up.

Since moving to Melbourne thats what i will miss the most.

i was looking at the snow report 2day n it said there was a 70cm snow base is this true??

fatima4u - 24 June 2011 12:36 AM

i was looking at the snow report 2day n it said there was a 70cm snow base is this true??

Not a chance… 10-20cm tops… It’s just the resorts milking it for all it’s worth…

deanobruce - 23 June 2011 11:28 PM

of course its worth it. to be honest i liked the drive, the anticipation kept me awake and alert on the road. the best part for me was when we started heading from jindy up to the snow we would wind down the windows/open the sunroof and blast rage against the machine as loud as we could until we got to the mountain…was one way to amp ourselves up.

Since moving to Melbourne thats what i will miss the most.

When I was living in the snow, my mate came to visit and we played Killing In The Name every day as we went to the snow! Such a good pump up song!