The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

SNOW

I’ll be in it tomorrow!!!!! Yeeeewww!!!!!  shred

Mizu Kuma - 22 June 2011 01:18 AM

Mountain has turned to slush, we’re over it… Might grab a burger and start packing up!

tjswish - 22 June 2011 01:39 AM
Mizu Kuma - 22 June 2011 01:18 AM

Mountain has turned to slush, we’re over it… Might grab a burger and start packing up!

As if I believe you TJ!!!!!  tongue laugh

I think tomorrow will be the pick as the winds die down. Go get it, Mizu!  cool grin

Have fun Mizu! Can’t believe how much snow has fallen of late smile

Still hoping to head up on Saturday, might go to Perisher though as Thredbo looks thin still on the cams?

Thanks Dan n rider!!!!!

Fri should be sweet too when the winds drop even more!!!!! Should have the guns firin constantly for the bottom of the hill as well!!!!!

Feel like a kid waitin for Christmas!!!!!  LOL

blizzard_22 - 22 June 2011 03:23 AM

Still hoping to head up on Saturday, might go to Perisher though as Thredbo looks thin still on the cams?

The bottom was really slushy on my 2nd trip out… and there are sooooo many lumps and bumps on the way down. Spaz hit a few rocks on the side as well. As per normal, Merrits after 1pm was ice… but High Noon was still hella fun to ride down.

Perisher with it’s 1600m lowest point will likely have better top to bottom skiing… and its more protected from wind if it’s a bit windy.

I probably didn’t make my $100 worth… but still a fun day and will keep me stoked till my July trip and then the shred!

so all up…is it worth the 6hour drive?

It’s always worth the 6 hour drive.  smirk

deanobruce - 22 June 2011 06:45 AM

so all up…is it worth the 6hour drive?

I’ll tell ya after 12 hours of drivin!!!!!

rider26 - 22 June 2011 06:47 AM

ah touche’

let me rephrase it then, im sure i will still get the same answer but here goes.

if you had just recently spent close to 5 grand on airfares, currently had not alot of money until next pay day/missus pys for her half of the airfares, justify driving 6 or so hours and spending close to $150 on lift pass/food/drink and possibly not be able to buy groceries next week…would you still go?  smirk

Have you worked out how many days you’re going to ride this season? If it’s less than seven, I’d say wait till the conditions are better. Whenever we get a bunch of snow in a storm it can often be deceiving. The truth is there’s only a 50cm base and it’s still very early season. If you’re expecting a banger powder day then you’re going to be disappointed.

deanobruce - 22 June 2011 06:56 AM
rider26 - 22 June 2011 06:47 AM

ah touche’

let me rephrase it then, im sure i will still get the same answer but here goes.

if you had just recently spent close to 5 grand on airfares, currently had not alot of money until next pay day/missus pys for her half of the airfares, justify driving 6 or so hours and spending close to $150 on lift pass/food/drink and possibly not be able to buy groceries next week…would you still go?  smirk

YES!!!!!

I just got a night stayin at the TAH for 2 people with 1 x 1 day lift pass for $129!!!!! Shit yeah!!!!!

That leaves $21 for 2 minute noodles for the rest of the week!!!!!

i actually have about 30 packets of mi goreng in my cupboard!

in regards to amount of days…i dont know. i have to have my tahoe trip apaid off by 30 sep so that will most likely dictate my days on snow…