The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Gnu Park Pickle VS Lib Tech Skate Banana

redjames - 27 April 2011 12:52 AM

Thanks for that, I have decided to go with the help from my local board shop and have purchased a board from them (ESS). Thanks for the info though because my mate is going to buy a banana or a pickle.

Great work with going with your local board shop. They are there for your help and you keep this awesome industry alive.

Dan83 - 27 April 2011 01:06 PM
Mizu Kuma - 27 April 2011 10:49 AM

How do ya rate it up against ya Burton Dan???? IYHO!!!!

Honestly, I didn’t get to ride it long enough to fully compare them. It’s definitely a board I would like to try again.

It felt a bit grippier on hard pack/ice, so it seemed the magnatraction worked pretty well. But it also felt like the magnatraction was slowing the board down when edging during a turn. However, when I looked at the base of the board I realised the edges of the base were ridiculously dry so that probably was affecting the ride of the board, and prob slowing it down considerably too. I also was not too keen on the Mission bindings that I had to use with the board.

I overall liked the flex, which seemed a tad softer than the Trice, which I also tried.

So yeah, definitely a board I want to try again, and this time with bindings I like and with a board that doesn’t look like it has never been waxed! Of the several boards I tried while in Canada (not inc mine), my initial reaction was that it was probably the one I overall liked the most and would consider buying.

Cheers for that Dan!!!!  cool smile

yeah, I know the importance of having these local board shops around

@Dan83: How’d you like the Rice Dan? I love mine tied with Rossi One Magtek I demoed as my favorites.

skip11 - 28 April 2011 04:35 PM

@Dan83: How’d you like the Rice Dan? I love mine tied with Rossi One Magtek I demoed as my favorites.

I only did 2 runs with it. Plus the bindings they gave me were way too big so I was getting severe heel drag and the toe strap was coming off, and this was after I adjusted the straps!! I could have got them to put M bindings on the T.rice but I didn’t have much time and also wanted to try the TRS. The board did seem a tad stiff for me but then I had no confidence in the bindings so it’s a bit hard to make any call on the board.

Of the Magnetraction boards from last year that I got to ride I’d have to rate the Gnu Rider’s Choice and Rossi One Magtek as the favourites.

Rossi Experience was also an awesome freeride board but not too forgiving for a 75kg rider!

Unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to ride any Libs with C2 yet…maybe this year.

The more I ride my T.Rice the more I love it. Such a great board. Flex has broken in to around mid-stiff (maybe around a 6-7) from a really stiff flex, which makes it easier to butter around now.