The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Interesting interview questions for pro riders..?

We have a few interviews lined up with top pro riders.

Do you have any interesting questions we could ask them?

We will use your question if it’s good…

I’d like to know what additional physical training and conditioning activities they do off the snow (ie, gym workouts, exercises,etc)

Or what sort of warm-ups to pump themselves up for competitions or big tricks.

It’s so easy to ask the boring usual general questions that you see in every interview.

How about asking some of the same questions we ask ourselves. OK maybe not ask them about a duck billed platypus or what it would be like to have spaghetti legs, LOL
But about snowboard stuff.
If they are not riding a zero camber board, or reverse camber board, ask if they have rode one and what they thought about it.
Ask what was the last change they made in their set up.
Who plans and designs the graphics on their signature model.
How many different things do you change about your pro model from season to season and how many prototypes might you try in between. (where do those prototypes go, can I have one LOL).
How many boards do you get per season to ride?

How do you feel about contests? the olympics?
Who is in your ideal riding crew?

What do you do when not riding?
If you werent a pro snowboarder what would you be doing for a job?

I’d like to know how they can afford to do a full Northern Hemi season without working (or appearing to be working).  Sure they are sponsored, but I’d reckon their pay checks / travel allowences aren’t anywhere near what the US pros etc get.  I’ve just always wondered how they did it (Tiene and Walker excepted).

When was the last time you were snowboarding and tell us who you were with, where you rode, how was the snow, what equipment were you using, did you try anything new? where on the mountain did you go, what’s your favorite thing about that mountain?

I could read a series of questions like that and feel like if I was riding with them.

I’ve given this a great deal of thought and come up with only one question worth asking.

If you could combine two animals together to make a new animal, which ones would you choose and what would the new one be called?

[Whispering into Aidy’s ear]
Im thinking of a Liger, myself.

Have you ever tried skiing? Were you any good?

snowslider - 03 July 2009 04:02 AM

[Whispering into Aidy’s ear]
Im thinking of a Liger, myself.

my first thought was a duck bill cane toad..I would call it “Useless”

so J whats the news, will you be using my question?

How about how often do you ride just for fun? Or have you ever gone riding with a family member or taught them to ride? When was the last time you randomly gave someone on the hill some gear just to stoke them out when you saw them shredding? Things along those lines…. See what they give back to the snowboarding community?

Aidy - 07 July 2009 09:32 AM

so J whats the news, will you be using my question?

Definately!

sick dude, will try and think of more dumb questions for ya…..or are you just humouring an old man….

No, it will be there. Can’t wait to ask MFM.

Banger - 07 July 2009 09:46 AM

How about how often do you ride just for fun? Or have you ever gone riding with a family member or taught them to ride? When was the last time you randomly gave someone on the hill some gear just to stoke them out when you saw them shredding? Things along those lines…. See what they give back to the snowboarding community?

+1 on this idea.

I’d love to hear their first run and what got them into the sport, not to mention a picture of their misses/good looking daughters to colour up the page abit!