The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boots and Bindings with K2 Raygun -First board

Hey all,

I’m looking to get my first board and I’ve decided on an All-Terrain type and I’ve seen the K2 Raygun comes pretty highly recommended. I live in Sydney so I will for the most part be heading to the Snowy Mountains in NSW and occasionally NZ but at the end of this year I’m spending 3-4 weeks in Japans snowfields so I wanted something for both conditions. I mainly ride freestyle but I want something that I can take to the park with me. I’ve only been to the snowfields 4 times for short stays over the last 5 years so I don’t have much of a clue regarding gear, especially bindings and boots.

It’s got a Rocker/Flat/Rocker hybrid design with twin tail so should be sweet for powder in Japan and the groomed conditions back home, right? haha. If anyone has any other suggestions for All-Terrain boards I’d be really keen to have a look into any suggestions.

But assuming I go with the K2 Raygun, What are some decent Mid-flex bindings for All terrain that would be compatible with the Raygun. Also for my boots I was thinking of getting something in the medium-stiff flex range. like 3-8. Any input would be great! Cheers!

Welcome to Boardworld, MWu.

All bindings except Burton EST bindings will be “compatible” with your snowboard. So you have unlimited choice really. In regards to which bindings I would recommend for 2015, here are a few I’ve tested and can highly recommend.

Flux DS
Now IPO
Now Select
Union Force
Rome 390 Boss

These all fall into the midrange price category and they are all great bindings. The Now IPO would be my pick for performance and value. You can read my review on the 2014 IPO here. The 2015 IPO can be viewed here: http://now-snowboarding.com/products/ipo/

We have a full range of bindings coming in very soon when our new site launches. Feel free to PM me and I’ll hook you up with a member discount. There’s other options depending on your budget. Do you have a certain budget?

With boots, you really need to go into a store and get boot fitted properly. You need to try on as many boots as possible. Every foot shape (and boot model) is different, so it’s impossible to recommend without analysing your foot. However, in regards to quality, you do get what you pay for (so avoid the super cheap boots if you can).

Any questions, shoot them through. thumbsup

Just go straight to NOW ipo’s, you’ll be fine with that. =P

P.S. Post in the introduction.

grunge - 26 February 2015 12:43 PM

Just go straight to NOW ipo’s, you’ll be fine with that. =P

I agree. You really can’t go wrong. Great binding, high performance, super comfy, excellent price.

Cheers fellas!!

Really appreciate the tips! I’ll make my way over to the intro thread now.

+1 for NOW!
sick bindings.
I also rate the rome 390’s as one of the most comfortable bindings ever.