The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Burton Mission Bindings

Not currently having a good run with burton equipment so far.

I bought some Burton mission bindings in black back in October and I’ve worn them since Nov 16 since the season started. When I went to adjust my angles on the right binding I noticed this on the bottom of the ankle strap. I emailed them with pictures yesterday and am waiting a response.

Burton warranty is such a hassle and they will probably put it down to wear and tear after 2 months.

Burton warranty is probably one of the best in the business. I bought new outerware one year, used is maybe 4-5 days and got a rip in the pants. Sent them back and got a brand new pair for free.

They do it with boots too, wear them for less than a year, say they packed out un-naturally quick, send them back and get a new pair. (I take no responsibility for people’s actions regarding this.)

Wouldn’t happen if they were FLUX!!!!!

There, I knew you didn’t expect it from me, but I said it!!!!!

^ No, it happens with flux, specifically my Titan RK (the current RK30 in 2010 model)

It happens with pretty much every binding… there is so much wear and tear putting them on and off all day that there is bound to be some fraying.

grunge - 21 January 2015 04:09 PM

^ No, it happens with flux, specifically my Titan RK (the current RK30 in 2010 model)

LOL I’ll let you off this time seein as though you’re a noob on here!!!!!  wink

^ LOL! :D

That’s just shit. I’m not hating on Burton here because I’ve several Burton bindings and never had this happen after two months. This shouldn’t happen to bindings after two months. You did the right thing. Hit them up. My guess is they will give you new straps.

^ Agreed.

P.S. The titanrk took 2 season before I noticed the fray on the toecap cover… apparently a common thing and the year after they didn’t put a pleather cover over it, which I think looks better anwyays.

I love Burton gear but the last 2 items we have bought from them have broken. My partners boots broke a BOA after 1 day on the hill and took them 5 weeks to replace the boots.
They are sending me new straps and I asked for some without material on them.

^ Yeah.. the problem is that it takes time.
That’s why when I get any boa boots I automatically ask for replacement laces “under warranty” from the boa site. Just in case, I don’t want to have to wait especially when I’m on a boarding holiday…

At least the straps still work and it’s not a function failure, more design.