The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

ADIDAS, What’s in store for them?????

So what with the recent events that see Nike bailing out of the Snowboarding Industry!!!!!

What’s the future of Adidas?????

Will it go the same way?????

Will it try and fill the gap that Nike will leave?????

Will Snowboarders bail on Adidas because of what Nike has done?????

It’s gonna be interesting to see!!!!!

What everyone’s thoughts?????

#justdoit

My though is fuck them all i am left with boot issues again when i do need to change

At least it appears like adidas has taken a more conservative approach to the market. For Nike, it always seemed like it was going to be take over the world or bust. I have no idea how long/if they will last. My opinion is they haven’t done much at all to take notice of. Anyone buying adidas snowboarding products? I certainly haven’t. I guess my gut instinct is “it’s only a matter of time…”

Maybe their plan is slow sustained growth?????

I think gettin Kazu on their team was a smart move, as the Japanese will purchase a lot of Adidas Product off a big name rider like him?????

Out of curiosity I checked out their boot range. Its a bit too same samey for me. They’d want to step up their colour game if they want my coins!

Has anyone seen their product on the shelves over here?????

I haven’t myself, but maybe I just didn’t notice any?????

Never even had a look, so just did then, and their range is 3 Styles of Boot!!!!!

They do have a neat feature that I’ve never seen though!!!!!

Maybe crew like Mika could get a nice hot cuppa up the hill, if they had these boots along with a thermos of hot water?????

Mizu Kuma - 24 September 2014 01:54 PM

Maybe their plan is slow sustained growth?????

It was interesting watching Nike and adidas go about their games differently. Nike appears to have busted out of the market. Maybe adidas’s strategy will pay off in the long run.

^ Jez, the only problem is that other than sponsoring riders, I don’t see them visibly contributing to the sport. They’re just throwing money at it.

Don’t be fooled, even Red Bull/Monster put $$$ into the sport to sponsor events, etc etc,it’s kinda clear to me that Adidas is following Nike’s ROI philosophy in selling products via their team riders.

I don’t think the take up is as high at all for these boots, and I believe the reviews are not to favorable. That said I’d like to try one to see how it goes tho’. But having next to no proper reviews is very telling. (They’re not even on the good ride!)

Only time will tell, but it’s not a good start with me, seeing as they had an opportunity about 3 years back with their goggles (they were winning industry design awards with them.)

I think mainly until I see the three stripes in a big banner/paint on the slopes of a comp I choose to remain cynical to this. But I still have hope a big corporate entity will have a more altruistic approach to this industry.