The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

boards for firm snow/hardpack

Mizu Kuma - 22 September 2014 09:06 AM

The catchy edge is more so from the C2 Profile!!!!!

While some people rave about boards like the TRice, I personally hated the CRC Profile as it was very unpredictable on Hardpack when you’re flat basing!!!!!

Magnetraction might have a bit more grip, but I’d put more into just havin a nice sharp edge is where it’s at!!!!!

I dunno about that… the mrs was riding a K2 with magtek they licensed from Mervin, plus I think I have no problems with my Rome Agent Rocker, which I think is essentially a C2.

Her fav board atm is a Capita Birds of a feather, she uses that for EVERYTHING, and it is F-C-F, with slight rockers at the ends (RFCFR.)
When I saw her last I bought her a Never Summer Infinity and she doesn’t mind it, but prefers to use it when it pows in.
And her last preferance is her Bataleon feelbetter, which she got mega cheap from the rep. (Which disappointed me.)
However, all things considered she’s tiny and doesn’t weight much, and I’m close to 100kg which makes a difference to style and how we ride.

That being said I haven’t tried a GNU or Lib Tech board and I do want to try them out. It just seems I’m leaning more towards a straight camber or at least a camber middle board, I guess I’ll find out when I use the Jones in a few months…....

Another funny story I can tell was when I was at the Prior factory tour last year, there was a guy who asked what was popular with their riders and if hybrid cambers were all the buzz. The two guys taking us through the tour sniggered and said “Camber; all our pro ams order straight camber boards, then you have a mix of cambers for every one else.”

My rossi jibsaw had a more mellow magnetraction as well as a RCR profile. I definitely didn’t feel the effect of the mag as much as I did on my mates GNU riders choice (once I got used to it I quite liked how it felt on that board)

I’m now riding a full camber board without mag and it doesn’t seem to have any less grip than my rossi and the only time I’ve caught an edge is when I’ve deserved it.