The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Cleaning snowboard after use

Hi I am new to snowboarding , I would like to know what you are meant to clean the board with after use , should this be done after every season , what can I use that gets off the grease ect , how do we clean it, any help would be great
Thank in advance

Welcome to Boardworld, Sonisimone.

You should wax your snowboard every few days ideally. You can find our waxing guide here.

If you are using your board regularly, just make sure you dry it thoroughly after each use. Wipe it down with a towel and leave it in a dry/warm area. This will just stop your edges from rusting between uses.

If the base starts getting very dirty/greasy, you can use base cleaner (you can buy this from any snowboard store). Just dab it on a rag and wipe clean.

At the end of the season you should do a storage wax. You can read our guide here.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Also, I will probably move this thread into Equipment and Products soon, so if you can’t find it in Social that’s where it will be. wink

Hi thanks for that ,
We don’t have any snowboarding stores near us in qld can you recommend anything we can buy from hard wear store or supermarket to clean the grease off with ,
Should you have wax on the board between seasons
Thanks

Can you use a grease remover from hard wear store

Sonisimone - 24 August 2014 06:04 PM

Can you use a grease remover from hard wear store

Don’t use a chemical cleaner like a degreaser!!!!!

Use a citrus based wax remover, such as - De Solv It -, or one that’s stocked at your local snowboard store!!!!!

After you’ve cleaned all the dirt and wax from the base, wash it all with a mild detergent (dish washing detergent) and warm water!!!!!

Then leave to dry completely for at least 48 hours, in a warm dust free environment!!!!!

Then re-wax with a couple of deep coats, then leave till just before next use when you can scrape and buff just before you travel up to the hills!!!!!

No worries. You can use the “hot scrape” method to remove grease and dirt from the snowboard. Scrape the wax off immediately after it’s melted on and this will clean your base. Or you can use a citrus cleaner from the hardware/supermarket.

You should wax your snowboard every few days or whenever the base looks dry. Always wax the board before you store it for prolonged periods (but don’t scrape the wax off). Have a read of the Storage Waxing guide.

Thanks everyone this has been very helpful , so glad I found this forum

Sonisimone - 24 August 2014 08:11 PM

Thanks everyone this has been very helpful , so glad I found this forum

shaka

^^ What he said. cool grin

Where are you from, Sonisimone?