The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

new boots

Hi there,
i am after a new pair of boots. I just started snowboarding two seasons ago and loved it. Now I wanna buy myself my own pair of snowboard boots. Obviously, they should be comfy and I quiet like laces…
So I had a look at websites to compare prices and quiet liked the Vans Encore… However, I think I should get them in a shop to get proper fitting…?
Or do you think its a waste of money and I should just go for it over the internet? Cheers for any thoughts

Hey magicalfool, welcome to Boardworld. smile

You should go to a store for a proper boot fit. Boots are the worst thing to buy online. Every foot shape is different and it’s impossible to tell which boot works for you without trying them on.

Most shops will guarantee the fit of the boots, so if you have any problems you can go back and see them about the boots. Other thing is if the boots are continually giving you problems they may even change them.

I know for me that its not worth the risk of getting wrong boots. Your feet are important look after them and you will have an awesome boarding experience.

Other thing worth looking at later on is foot-beds, Great investment.

With boots the best option is go in and try them on. Dont look at what they look like or what technology they have or dont have as long as they are comfortable thats all you need to worry about….  I mean come on nobody see them anyway as they are strapped in and tucked under your pants!

if you can find them - check out the Salomon synapse boots…they will change your world!

I’ve tried the Synapse in the store before and it’s really comfy. But I found it not stiff enough and I don’t like Salomon’s lacing system. Ended up with the Burton Ions haha.

what - salomon’s lacing system is so reliable and you can get it much tighter than most others.  ions are good if you like a stiff boot though.

I guess I just like the 2 pull system like Burton’s haha